Slow PPA problem
Is anyone else experiencing a problem with the PPA repository? I'm getting ridiculously slow download speeds from it, ranging from 340B/s to the repository hanging for ages. I know the problem isn't my end; I can download from other repos at about 1.2MBps (hooray for fast university Internet!). Is there a mirror of the PPA I can use or some other way of installing?

I'm running Ubuntu 9.04 64bit, I'm probably going to upgrade to 9.10 soon if people think this'll solve the problem.
canoemoose Wrote:Is anyone else experiencing a problem with the PPA repository? I'm getting ridiculously slow download speeds from it, ranging from 340B/s to the repository hanging for ages. I know the problem isn't my end; I can download from other repos at about 1.2MBps (hooray for fast university Internet!). Is there a mirror of the PPA I can use or some other way of installing?

I'm running Ubuntu 9.04 64bit, I'm probably going to upgrade to 9.10 soon if people think this'll solve the problem.

This is a common issue with various PPAs. It can vary alot depending on location, time of day, and popularity of PPA. Is what it is.

And generally, I'd use a 9.10 minimal system as a base for XBMC. Smile
Yeah, the problem being that I'm not just setting up an XBMC machine - I'm installing it on my main desktop "for the lolz", as it were. I'll leave Synaptic running and see what happens, but I'm upgrading to 9.10 at the weekend/on Wednesday, depending on what else I have to do.
There's nothing we can do about the speed of the PPA. Complain to launchpad. While you're there, tell them their web page is unusably confusing. Wink
althekiller Wrote:There's nothing we can do about the speed of the PPA. Complain to launchpad. While you're there, tell them their web page is unusably confusing. Wink

Heh. It's been "re-designed" 3 times. :p

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow PPA problem0