[LIVE] Upgrade to 2.3.31-17 borks XBMC
I have just ran a sudo aptitude update & upgrade and it has upgraded Ubuntu Karmic from 2.3.31-16 to 2.3.31-17. However, using this new kernel, XBMC won't start anymore. For some reason it has trouble with the nVidia driver, but I am already using the latest one (190.53 I think). Has anyone gotten 2.3.31-17 kernel working with XBMCLive on the ION-platform?
Kodi v17 "Krypton" Beta 6 running on Amazon Fire TV (2014) with FLIRC receiver.
x5nder Wrote:I have just ran a sudo aptitude update & upgrade and it has upgraded Ubuntu Karmic from 2.3.31-16 to 2.3.31-17. However, using this new kernel, XBMC won't start anymore. For some reason it has trouble with the nVidia driver, but I am already using the latest one (190.53 I think). Has anyone gotten 2.3.31-17 kernel working with XBMCLive on the ION-platform?

If you can boot into the *-16 kernel but not *-17 it's most likely the GFX driver wasn't built for the new kernel.

It shoulda been installed but make sure it grabbed the new headers: sudo apt-get install linux-headers-2.6.31-17-generic

This should show you what is built: dkms status

This should rebuild the drivers for the kernel: dpkg-reconfigure nvidia-185-kernel-source

EDIT:
I noticed you're not using the repo drivers. In which case, follow the directions you used to build the kernel driver in the 1st place.
Thanks for putting me on the right track. In my case I had to force a reïnstall of the graphics drivers:

Code:
sudo nvidia-installer -f
Kodi v17 "Krypton" Beta 6 running on Amazon Fire TV (2014) with FLIRC receiver.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Upgrade to 2.3.31-17 borks XBMC0