Anyone need a how-to on Myth 9.10 and XBMC Camelot 9.11 on Asus AT3N7A-I
Hey All,

I just finished setting up a new system for the bedroom with an Asus AT3N7A-I Atom board in an Aopen S135 Mini - ITX chassis with the 84W external psu. It is all working now with

Mythbuntu 9.10 - JY Avenards repo's and vdpau
XBMC 9.11 Camelot SVN
Suspend/Resume - OK
Auto shutdown in XBMC with TV power-off
Suspend from power or script within mythbuntu main
liveTv appswitch.pl between myth and xbmc.
updated Grub2 to repair auto-resume after suspend.
lirc with MCE Remote receive and transmit, controlling xbmc, myth, app switching, macro's and TV, express-vu sat rcvr
hdmi to TV 32" LG 1080p with custom xorg.conf.

I made notes all the way along on the install, so if anyone is interested in a How-to I could throw something together later this evening.

let me know.

Regards,

Dave
Hi, i'd really like to get a how to on this, got the hw ready (different mobo), would really save me some time Smile
thanks
how did you managed to get soud working ? i have same board and i can't get sond over spdif. xbmc 9.11 live
lenovo y530
nvidia gf 9600 512mb
Debian squeeze
I have pretty similar setup. Karmic, XBMC with MythTV and same script to switch between them. My problem is then whenever PC goes to sleep when it wakes up LiveTV will never tune in. I need to restart myth backend before I can use myth. Did you run into something like that? I am trying to figure out how to automatically restart mythbackend upon wakeup.
I am using Hauppauge HDPVR-1250 (PCI-E) for OTA ATSC.

thx
ukasz Wrote:how did you managed to get soud working ? i have same board and i can't get sond over spdif. xbmc 9.11 live

I will try to get a quick tut together by the end of the week for this board.

I am not using Live but if it is 1.0.20 version of alsa then goto to terminal and load alsamixer and unmute your iec channel you should have three and make sure the main volume is up mine was at zero. In mythfrontend set audio under general mythtv:default then stereo or if you have an amp then mythtv:default then choose 5.1 output then set the second option to mythtv:iec958 and you should be good.

Regards,

Dave
uomiarz Wrote:I have pretty similar setup. Karmic, XBMC with MythTV and same script to switch between them. My problem is then whenever PC goes to sleep when it wakes up LiveTV will never tune in. I need to restart myth backend before I can use myth. Did you run into something like that? I am trying to figure out how to automatically restart mythbackend upon wakeup.
I am using Hauppauge HDPVR-1250 (PCI-E) for OTA ATSC.

thx

So you have the backend, frontend and xbmc on the same machine. I have two frontends and a separate backend. It may be quicker to build a machine for a backend and put it on the network.

You are going to have to find out which device is not waking up (sounds like your tv card is the culprit) and make some custom scripts for /etc/pm/sleep.d that will kill and resume those devices forced in order. google pm-utils pm-suspend myth and use your /var/log/pm-suspend log to diagnose the problem. Once you discover which device is the trouble then I can help you to create some scripts that will do the job.

One thing I had to do with this board is edit the /etc/default/grub file and add inside the quotes cmd_line_default="quiet splash usbcore.autosuspend=-1" to get the machine from autoresuming on it's own. this is grub2 so any changes you make to the /etc/default/grub file you must run

sudo update-grub afterwards and then reboot.

your first step will be to look in the pm-suspend log and see what device is causing the problems.

Regards,

Dave
got it running, thx

Code:
/etc/pm/sleep.d/10_mythtv resume suspend: mythtv-backend start/running, process 6612
success.
/etc/pm/sleep.d/10_grub-common resume suspend: success.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/01PulseAudio resume suspend: success.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/00powersave resume suspend: success.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/00logging resume suspend: success.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/00auto-quirk resume suspend: success.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/000record resume suspend: success.
Mon Jan 11 17:25:42 EST 2010: Finished.

I added new script to /etc/pm/sleep.d/10_mythtv
very simple based on example from some other website

Code:
#!/bin/sh

case "$1" in
hibernate|suspend)
#nothing to do here
;;
thaw|resume)
service mythtv-backend restart
;;
*) exit $NA
;;
esac

BTW
the guide is always welcome, i never used mythbuntu as a base system
I would like a tutorial on how to get into mythtv setup from SSH.
I've tried everything i found on the internet for about 4 hours yesterday. I know my primary display is :0.0 and I am on 192.168.1.133 or localhost so my DISPLAY should be =localhost:0.0 or 192.168.1.133:0.0 or just :0.0 and I should be able to SSH -X in, change the DISPLAY value and run mythtv-setup. It should come up on my screen. It won't do that though.

If you could come up with a proper DIY on how to set up mythtv-backend that would be awesome.

I can tell you that to install mythtv-backend on a XBMC machine, the following works.
Code:
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get build-dep mythtv mythweb mythtv-setup[font=monospace]
sudo apt-get install build-essential liblircclient-dev libasound2-dev libdts-dev libdvdnav-dev  libxv-dev libxxf86vm-dev transcode libmp3lame-dev subversion qt4-dev-tools libqt4-dev libsamplerate0  libxvidcore4 liba52-0.7.4-dev libfame-dev libcdio-dev msttcorefonts libasound2-doc libmad0-dev  libid3tag0-dev libvorbis-dev libflac-dev libcdaudio-dev libcdparanoia0-dev fftw3-dev libfaad-dev  libsmpeg-dev libmp4v2-dev libtag1-dev mysql-server libvisual-0.4-dev libexif-dev libxvmc-dev[/font] install mythtv libmyth mythtv-backend mythtv-themes mythtv-setup
After that I had to connect a keyboard up to my media center.
Code:
startx
from a terminal in startx
Code:
mythtv-setup
set up myth-tv according to the online user's manual.

It would be much nicer to be able to use mythtv-setup from my desktop via SSH like it was designed.
Use mythicalLibrarian to make a library out of your MythTV files. Leave the recording to MythTV and use XBMC as your library.
Installation and Instructions:http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=MythicalLibrarian
Technical Support:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65644
[url=http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?tid=1081892][/url]
this is a little off topic but you can always use nxserver, it takes 2 minutes to install packages on your server and you are ready to go (it uses ssh port for connection) then you can run single app like mythtv-setup or mythfrontend remotely
Why not just enable vnc on your mythfrontend from the control center and then dwnld tightvnc and set it up. that is how I do all my machines from my desktop. leave tightvnc waiting on your desktop then just click on it enter the ip of the desktop you want to control and you are off to the races.

That is primarily the reason I went for a separate backend, I have 3 tuners and a qam tuner and use shedules direct for my guides. I run a separate mythfrontend and mythweb for recordings. this I found to be the easiest way to do it and it all work tidily. I could setup xbmc to watch recorded shows, but for live-tv I did not like the integration there. I could never get the backend-frontend and myth-tv running properly and then have another frontend connecting only made it worse. my problems all went away with the dedicated back-end.

Regards,

Dave
Quote:Why not just enable vnc on your mythfrontend from the control center and then dwnld tightvnc and set it up.

To elaborate,

1. Install tightvncserver on the host.

2. After connecting to the host using SSH, run tightvncserver as a normal user:
Code:
tightvncserver

If you want a specific geometry, use
Code:
tightvncserver -geometry 1280x800
(as an example).

3. Connect to the server with a VNC client (Remote Desktop Viewer in Ubuntu or UltraVNC client in Windows); connect to IP_address:1 (provided there is already an x session running on the server).

4. To stop the server, use
Code:
tightvncserver -kill :1
Yog-Sothoth Wrote:To elaborate,

1. Install tightvncserver on the host.

2. After connecting to the host using SSH, run tightvncserver as a normal user:
Code:
tightvncserver

If you want a specific geometry, use
Code:
tightvncserver -geometry 1280x800
(as an example).

3. Connect to the server with a VNC client (Remote Desktop Viewer in Ubuntu or UltraVNC client in Windows); connect to IP_address:1 (provided there is already an x session running on the server).

4. To stop the server, use
Code:
tightvncserver -kill :1

When Running tvnc within Windows - You do not have to do any of that if you enable vnc from within mythbuntu control center you can also enable samba from within the control center as well and that will stop all your xbmc sharing problems from an smb network. it installs it as a host for you. you just need to set it up in windows as listening then enter your Ip addy and choose your connection speed it will then open up the desktop you are wanting to control in a window mode.

Dave
I guess we are a little of topic here Smile

How about sound issues (if any) when switching between applications (xbmc and myth) I have XBMC playing everything fine. Then I switch to mythfrontend, watch some TV and then switch back to XBMC. All of the sudden i get "Failed to initialize your sound device" when trying to play stereo content. DD and DTS always works fine. Rebot fixes everything.
I've got the AT3N7A-I running with XBMC Live, everything works out of the box except for 2 things:

Playback of .ts files is horrible, is the ION too slow? (Video: MPG2 1280x720 59.94fps, filesize 5Gb duration about 40min.)

I can't power the ION on by remote, no "Wake up by USB" option in the BIOS, anyone any suggestions? (using MCE IR receiver with Harmony 885 remote).
uomiarz Wrote:I guess we are a little of topic here Smile

How about sound issues (if any) when switching between applications (xbmc and myth) I have XBMC playing everything fine. Then I switch to mythfrontend, watch some TV and then switch back to XBMC. All of the sudden i get "Failed to initialize your sound device" when trying to play stereo content. DD and DTS always works fine. Rebot fixes everything.

Is it any kiind of stereo file or just one in particular, I HAVE never had that problem. If you are stopping live tv before switching back then appswitch kills all mythfrontend real.

can you post a log file the next time that happens to pastebin so we can look and see what is failing. In my settings I use to run xbmc as

device = default and passthrough device = hdmi but lately I have had to run hdmi and hdmi or iec958 and iec958 under audio settings.

I also have an .asoundrc file for issues with certain mp3 playing too fast. I do get that message once in a while if I try and play a stream with a mono .mp3 track.

Dave

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone need a how-to on Myth 9.10 and XBMC Camelot 9.11 on Asus AT3N7A-I0