Anyone need a how-to on Myth 9.10 and XBMC Camelot 9.11 on Asus AT3N7A-I
wouterdt Wrote:I've got the AT3N7A-I running with XBMC Live, everything works out of the box except for 2 things:

Playback of .ts files is horrible, is the ION too slow? (Video: MPG2 1280x720 59.94fps, filesize 5Gb duration about 40min.)

I can't power the ION on by remote, no "Wake up by USB" option in the BIOS, anyone any suggestions? (using MCE IR receiver with Harmony 885 remote).

I am seeing no problems at all with either dts(hd) or dd encoded 5.1 .ts files (1920x1080p ) Are you sure you have vdpau working correctly. All my blu-rays are stored as .ts. make sure you have it turned on in the system-settings-video-playback-renderers=VDPAU

as for the other problem. there is a wiki on how to get that working via /cat/proc/acpi probing and if you have an issue with auto-resumeing after you have the pwr button fixed than I posted the fix a couple of post ago in this thread. the autoresume fix for me was adding "usbcore.autosuspend=-1" to the end of the grub boot line, that fix is in the forums as well. live is still grub1.5 so you will need to edit your menu.lst file to add it only if you are having the autoresume issue.

wiki link: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Enable_Wake-On-Device

Regards,

Dave
I set the render setting you suggested and tried again (after reboot te be sure) but no luck Sad

Audio seems fine, Video looks like it's on half speed... Any suggestions?
wouterdt Wrote:I set the render setting you suggested and tried again (after reboot te be sure) but no luck Sad

Audio seems fine, Video looks like it's on half speed... Any suggestions?

when you are playing the file press your guide button on the remote or o button your keyboard and see if vdapu decoding is being used.

Dave
It indeed shows it's using the correct way to render.

Do I need to configure the driver for the GPU maybe?

I posted my log: http://pastebin.com/m30488388

I've tried to get the power on by USB working too, but no luck there either. I've enabled the wakeup for all the USB's listed in /proc/acpi/wakeup trough /etc/rc.local but then it won't power up or down trough USB remote anymore. Power down used to work, and does work again when I coment out the lines in /etc/rc.local. Any suggestions to what that might be?
Hello rodercot,

I would like to see your tutorial about the installation os XBMCLive 9.11 asap. I've bought the same board for 2 weeks already and didn't manage to install the XBMCLive 9.11 in a pen drive of 4GB till now... ConfusedSad

Check this:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=67138

I would like your help asap PLEASE.

Can you confirm if you manage to get the bluetooth working?

rodercot Wrote:Hey All,

I just finished setting up a new system for the bedroom with an Asus AT3N7A-I Atom board in an Aopen S135 Mini - ITX chassis with the 84W external psu. It is all working now with

Mythbuntu 9.10 - JY Avenards repo's and vdpau
XBMC 9.11 Camelot SVN
Suspend/Resume - OK
Auto shutdown in XBMC with TV power-off
Suspend from power or script within mythbuntu main
liveTv appswitch.pl between myth and xbmc.
updated Grub2 to repair auto-resume after suspend.
lirc with MCE Remote receive and transmit, controlling xbmc, myth, app switching, macro's and TV, express-vu sat rcvr
hdmi to TV 32" LG 1080p with custom xorg.conf.

I made notes all the way along on the install, so if anyone is interested in a How-to I could throw something together later this evening.

let me know.

Regards,

Dave
I've got the wakeup problem fixed. Apparently enabling all the USB's for wakeup breaks it.. Got USB0 enabled for wakeup in /proc/acpi/wakeup now and it's fine.

I've had some help on IRC today with the .ts file problem but it's not fixed yet. I've added the option "DynamicTwinView" "false" to the xorg.conf #screen section, now I can set my resolution to 1280x720@60Hz. But My TV says it's getting 1080i, that's kinda weird I think. I'm experiencing some out-of-sync audio/video on MKV files as well now. Something still not quite right.

Any suggestions anyone?
wouterdt Wrote:I've got the wakeup problem fixed. Apparently enabling all the USB's for wakeup breaks it.. Got USB0 enabled for wakeup in /proc/acpi/wakeup now and it's fine.

I've had some help on IRC today with the .ts file problem but it's not fixed yet. I've added the option "DynamicTwinView" "false" to the xorg.conf #screen section, now I can set my resolution to 1280x720@60Hz. But My TV says it's getting 1080i, that's kinda weird I think. I'm experiencing some out-of-sync audio/video on MKV files as well now. Something still not quite right.

Any suggestions anyone?

Glad you got the usb thing fixed. I have not had anytime to reply today. So can you post your xorg.conf file and what kind of TV you are using. It sounds like the xorg is picking the first valid mode that will work with nvidia-auto-select this is how xorg chooses modes if you do not define a specific modeline for it to use.

If you go into XBMC and system-settings and force 1280x720 then set the overscan within XBMC, what happens?

Make sure you have sync to display turned off as well as match refresh rates in the settings - video - playback until you get this worked out.

Regards,

Dave
Gerabit Wrote:Hello rodercot,

I would like to see your tutorial about the installation os XBMCLive 9.11 asap. I've bought the same board for 2 weeks already and didn't manage to install the XBMCLive 9.11 in a pen drive of 4GB till now... ConfusedSad

Check this:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=67138

I would like your help asap PLEASE.

Can you confirm if you manage to get the bluetooth working?

I disabled my bluetooth, but there does seem to be some light at the end of the tunnel. I found a post on the ubuntu forums on how to do it and it is a bit involved as there in NO simple firmware to use for the device so you need to make it so to speak.

As for your other issue, have you tried another flash drive just to be safe. If you can make the partitions manually and setup main and swap that way and continue. I would not hesitate to think that your pen drive may be drawing to much power from that USB port. I seem to recall reading somewhere that some of these boards had low power outputs on the usb ports - BUT I could be wrong. I setup live repack on my test machine last night on a 4Gb kingston flash on an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe, it took 30 Minutes to FTP my userdata backup file over to the flash and that was enough for me. It was much to slow for my liking, I installed it on a separate HD partiton for testing and it is instant from a hard-drive (sata)

Regards,

Dave
No problem with the not replying earlier thing. I'm glad you take the time to help me!

My /etc/X11/xorg.conf:

Code:
# nvidia-xconfig: X configuration file generated by nvidia-xconfig
# nvidia-xconfig:  version 1.0  (buildmeister@builder75)  Tue Dec  8 21:04:28 PST 2009

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier     "Layout0"
    Screen      0  "Screen0"
    InputDevice    "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
    InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    # generated from default
    Identifier     "Mouse0"
    Driver         "mouse"
    Option         "Protocol" "auto"
    Option         "Device" "/dev/psaux"
    Option         "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
    Option         "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    # generated from default
    Identifier     "Keyboard0"
    Driver         "kbd"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier     "Monitor0"
    VendorName     "Unknown"
    ModelName      "Unknown"
    HorizSync       28.0 - 33.0
    VertRefresh     43.0 - 72.0
    Option         "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device0"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen0"
    Device         "Device0"
    Monitor        "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth    24
    Option         "NoLogo" "True"
    Option         "DynamicTwinView" "False"
#    Option         "FlatPanelProperties" "Scaling = Native"
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
    EndSubSection
EndSection

The FlatPanelProperties option was a suggestion from someone on IRC, but I commented it out because nothing changed with it.

I have forced it to 1280x720 @ 60Hz because standard it sets 1920x1080 but then all the thin lines on screen are flickering. Guess that's because my TV is HD ready, not Full HD?

I've got a Philips 32PF9531/10 TV. The manual says it has a refresh rate of 3Fh @ 1280x720p. Don't know what the hex stands for exactly.
wouterdt Wrote:No problem with the not replying earlier thing. I'm glad you take the time to help me!

The FlatPanelProperties option was a suggestion from someone on IRC, but I commented it out because nothing changed with it.

I have forced it to 1280x720 @ 60Hz because standard it sets 1920x1080 but then all the thin lines on screen are flickering. Guess that's because my TV is HD ready, not Full HD?

I've got a Philips 32PF9531/10 TV. The manual says it has a refresh rate of 3Fh @ 1280x720p. Don't know what the hex stands for exactly.

yes I am not sure about that code either. Here is a link, to a really good how to on displays and setting up xorg options as well as modelines. have a gander at it and see if you feel confident in proceeding with it. At least getting the report it mentions would help. I had a no name TV that was supposed 1366X768 and I struggled to get it to display 1280x720p properly, If memory serves, 720p is harder for a hd ready tv to do than 1080i.

anyhow, here is the link.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1003099&page=2

I think that you are running into the issue that your video refesh rate are seemingly out of the range or what xorg thinks your TV is capable of.

Regards,

Dave
Yog-Sothoth Wrote:To elaborate,

1. Install tightvncserver on the host.

2. After connecting to the host using SSH, run tightvncserver as a normal user:
Code:
tightvncserver
If you want a specific geometry, use
Code:
tightvncserver -geometry 1280x800
(as an example).

3. Connect to the server with a VNC client (Remote Desktop Viewer in Ubuntu or UltraVNC client in Windows); connect to IP_address:1 (provided there is already an x session running on the server).

4. To stop the server, use
Code:
tightvncserver -kill :1
Sweet, thanks. That worked well.
rodercot Wrote:wiki link: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Enable_Wake-On-Device
Sweet, I wrote that.

People helping people is what this forum is all about!
Use mythicalLibrarian to make a library out of your MythTV files. Leave the recording to MythTV and use XBMC as your library.
Installation and Instructions:http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=MythicalLibrarian
Technical Support:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=65644
[url=http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?tid=1081892][/url]
rodercot Wrote:anyhow, here is the link.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1003099&page=2

I think that you are running into the issue that your video refesh rate are seemingly out of the range or what xorg thinks your TV is capable of.

The values of the TV used in that how to are exactly the same as mine. X wouldn't start (due to the fact I use XBMC Live I guess?) so I copied all the mod values from the how to. Now my screen is at 1820x1000 pixels, no overscan correction needed in XBMC. But now it's even worse Sad MKV files are out of sync (video/audio) a little bit, the .ts file is still the same garbage.

any other thoughts on how to fix this? anything I might have messed up somewhere...

Edit:

I went crazy, and decided to give it a last try from " scrach":

I've restored the original xorg.conf and added these options:

Code:
    Option         "FlatPanelProperties" "Scaling = Native"

Deleted my /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml file

Started XBMC, selected 1280x720@60Hz and adjusted the overscan

Selected these options in Settings -> Video -> Playback:
Render Method: VDPAU
Sync playback to display: Yes
A/V sync method: Audio clock
VDPAU Studio level color conversion: Yes

And I'm amazed... but it seems to work now!!

My TV says it's displaying proper 720p (instead of 1080i as it did before) and the .ts file plays like a charm!

I've got a little delay in my audio, but I think that might have to do with my receiver setup. I'll figure that out later. It's a very very little delay so not a very big deal. Saw some options for delaying audio so I'll try that tomorrow.

I think deleting my guisettings.xml file helped alot but can't say that for sure...

It were 2 pretty frustrating nights but I learned alot and eventualy got it to work Big Grin

roderot: Thank you very much for your help!!
wouterdt Wrote:The values of the TV used in that how to are exactly the same as mine. X wouldn't start (due to the fact I use XBMC Live I guess?) so I copied all the mod values from the how to. Now my screen is at 1820x1000 pixels, no overscan correction needed in XBMC. But now it's even worse Sad MKV files are out of sync (video/audio) a little bit, the .ts file is still the same garbage.

any other thoughts on how to fix this? anything I might have messed up somewhere...

Edit:

I went crazy, and decided to give it a last try from " scrach":

I've restored the original xorg.conf and added these options:

Code:
    Option         "FlatPanelProperties" "Scaling = Native"

Deleted my /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml file

Started XBMC, selected 1280x720@60Hz and adjusted the overscan

Selected these options in Settings -> Video -> Playback:
Render Method: VDPAU
Sync playback to display: Yes
A/V sync method: Audio clock
VDPAU Studio level color conversion: Yes

And I'm amazed... but it seems to work now!!

My TV says it's displaying proper 720p (instead of 1080i as it did before) and the .ts file plays like a charm!

I've got a little delay in my audio, but I think that might have to do with my receiver setup. I'll figure that out later. It's a very very little delay so not a very big deal. Saw some options for delaying audio so I'll try that tomorrow.

I think deleting my guisettings.xml file helped alot but can't say that for sure...

It were 2 pretty frustrating nights but I learned alot and eventualy got it to work Big Grin

roderot: Thank you very much for your help!!

Awesome, I am glad you got it figured out, Yes I can see as how when following the guide you ended up with that resolution , he did a bunch of mode line tweaking to get the perefect 1:1 pixel mapping on his tv from that thread and as I said there are a few depracated commands that I would no longer use or they have been changed through new revs in later driver readme files. That is a good thread to learn the workings of X and xorg it is a long process you do learn a lot.

Great Stuff, enjoy your system, I have trained myself now to make notes as I do installs or upgrade and usually mark all the website tips I have found along the way, it helps to rebuild after a crash.

I am working on the HOW-TO, but it is pretty big and will take me a while to complete. I am trying to make it very noob friendly so people at any level can follow along with it.

Regards,

Dave
Looking forward to your how to, if I can contribute in any way I would be glad to.
Im also looking forward to this HOW-TO guide! Smile

But its really sad that there is no same skin for both MythTV and XBMC. That would have been much nicer... Btw, what skin are you using?

Perhaps you could post an VIDEO showing how this thing look when you switch between the two interfaces. Im really curious about that. Smile

Best regards!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone need a how-to on Myth 9.10 and XBMC Camelot 9.11 on Asus AT3N7A-I0