Any Way ot Jumping to Movies Beginning with a Certain Letter?
Hi all, just going for the record of the longest Title ever!

As title says, is it possible to jump straight to movies beginning with 'M' for eg, instead of having to scroll thru them all? On Mediaportal you could just press '6' on the remote to take you to 'M', can't find anywhere if its possible?
Sorry - after more searching I found that you can skip to movies starting with 'M' by pressing shift+m on the keyboard.

Not sure how you could get it working by remote tho?
Search for SMSjump. I only use a remote and the "SMSjump", "Next", and "Previous" functions work great with it.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
KidKiwi Wrote:Search for SMSjump. I only use a remote and the "SMSjump", "Next", and "Previous" functions work great with it.

Thanks mate, i'll have a look Smile
I love the way the iphone scrolls through long lists, say contacts, by letter by touching the far right side of the screen and pulling up an "alphabet scroll" function, where you can quickly scroll up and down the alphabet to jump to a certain letter.

Seems it might be adaptable for an onscreen navigation via remote, making a nice and pretty way to scroll more quickly. Something like while in library view title mode (for example) with your huge movies list, pressing a "right" directional arrow on the remote shows the alphabet scroll bar on the right side of the library window, using up and down to quickly jump around the alphabet, then left on the remote to go back to the normal library window to navigate as usual.

I think this would require a bit more programming than is possible through the skinning engine, but I've only just started mucking around with it. Before a dev sees this post and responds with "sounds good - be glad to see your patch for it!" let me just state that I don't have anything like the time to actually figure out the coding. Besides I'd have to start nearly from the ground up in C/C++ unless this is possible through Python scripting, which I'm much more comfortable with. Smile

Just mentioning the idea in case there is some coding wiz out there with nothing better to do and an interest in this. Yeah, I know! Smile
useless. just use sms jump.
Thanks for the help guys. SMSJump works like a dream! Big Grin
jumpsms is cool for a keyboard and for a multibutton remote. xbmc can nearly be set up to work with a simple up, down, left, right, enter only remote for normal use (perfect for family browsing!). Something like the new Boxee remote would be nearly perfect, and a way to quickly jump through a list without key/button binding would be helpful in that setting, which is why I through out the above idea. Useless seems a bit strong... useless if you use the standard cluttered remote is more like it. Wink Of course, I'm not a dev.... Naturally you guys should continue doing whatever you like - it's worked out pretty well so far!
You also have NextLetter/PrevLetter actions available should you wish to jump via the alphabet.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I just wanted to chime in here - not sure if it is a bug or a feature, but the JumpSMS functionality does not appear to work if one sets the "ignore articles when sorting" feature to enabled.

T
It should still work just fine - it just ignores the articles when jumping.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:It should still work just fine - it just ignores the articles when jumping.

You misunderstood my post. The JumpSMS feature does not work at all when article feature is enabled - I can press any of the number keys until I am blue in the face and nothing happens, disable the article filtering and it behaves normally. I'll try to grab a debug log tonight if I can get some free time.

T
Sounds like a bug then.

jmarshall Wrote:Sounds like a bug then.

Here is my debug log - started system with the article filtering enabled, and press the "3" key to attempt the JumpSMS feature. Then I disabled the filter and then repeated the "3" while in the library.

T

http://pastebin.com/m2160ee55

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any Way ot Jumping to Movies Beginning with a Certain Letter?0