Display year of duplicate titles?
Lightbulb 
Some titles are popular, such as "Dracula".

I'd like XBMC to display the year when there are more than one movie with the same title. If the year was part of the name for those it would also make them sort correctly. E.g.:

Dracula (1931)
Dracula (1958)
Dracula (1979)
Dracula (1992)
This seems like a nice idea. The appending of the year would be tricky to do nicely I think (i.e. without adding specific code), but we could get it sorted by year after sorting by title easy enough.

With most views in the library having year information available somewhere on screen, I suspect that will be enough?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Most views do have year information but it requires you to select the item. Just scrolling through your library does not give you that information.

No year also makes it harder to see if you have duplicate items or if the stacking hasn't detected a stackable movie correctly.

I haven't looked at the code that creates e.g. the list view, but I'd do something like look at the previous item and if title is the same add year to the display string of both.
It's easy to add the year to all items, harder to add it to just those ones that need it without special-case code, which we prefer not to add where possible.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

An option to add year to all would be perfectly fine by me Smile
You can do that yourself via the skin Smile

Change ListItem.Label to something like ListItem.Title (ListItem.Year).

Problem is it may mean you have to do it only for the movies listing, so you'll need 2 labels with some <visible>Container.Content(Movies)</visible> stuff.

Cheers,
Jonathan

(2010-01-11, 23:40)jmarshall Wrote: You can do that yourself via the skin Smile

Change ListItem.Label to something like ListItem.Title (ListItem.Year).

Problem is it may mean you have to do it only for the movies listing, so you'll need 2 labels with some <visible>Container.Content(Movies)</visible> stuff.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Can someone please give a more detailed explanation on how to do this, for a dummy like me? =)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Display year of duplicate titles?1