Problems with 9.11 - Can't install.
I'm trying with Ubuntu 9.10 now, with the blacklist.conf fix.

Still can't get XBMC Live to work with this fix, so guess I'll have to use Ubuntu + XBMC, if I manage to get it working.

I will get in contact with Intel support to make them release a BIOS update where you can FULLY disable the internal graphics card. This is just to stupid.
Was able to have the external card in the computer, but while using the internal, I could install and boot Ubuntu 9.10, which afterwards found a nVidia driver.
I didn't blacklist, and tried to reboot (as you have to do after downloading and installing the nVidia driver).

It didn't start... It just started blinking, or when I used the PCI-card it got a black screen, or a bunch of "invalid...."

So, guess the next try is to reinstall, download driver, blacklist, THEN boot with the PCI-graphics card as default.

All this trouble, and it could be fixed if the internal graphics card was disabled.
Hello NorDemoniac,

After several trial and loss, I've quit XBMCLive installation, has you know....

But...

I've given a shot with this release:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=66388

Guess what.... first shot first goal!!!!! Big Grin

This is what I've done:

1. Mount image, with Unetbootin version 377, to a USB drive of 4GB
2. reboot and choose install do HD
3. connect second USB drive, 2GB just for the test
4. all the questions, except country, default
5. in partitioning choose guided partitioning!

Everything goes smooth till finnalyzing the installation

disconnect first pen, reboot et voilá!!!!!

Thank you very much to erhnam for his release!

Good Luck NorDemoniac, if you need some help can count on me but first advise: give this release a shot!!!!!

Final note: all installed space used 1.1GB!
all installed including wireless space used 1.2GB!
Great!!

I'm just hoping it will ignore my integrated card, not just crash like all the other Ubuntu distros.

Can it be installed on HDD?

Thank you so much for sharing this. I appreciate it. I've been working for hours and days, trying to make this work.
Ah, you wrote that it could Tongue

Will try this one!
NorDemoniac Wrote:Hi!

I still can't install 9.11, even the repack.

Stops at 33% of the partition. Sometimes get a warning about not finding network hardware.

In addition; if I install via USB-key, I get a warning about "CD not found."

Never got anything like this before.

I want to test 9.11 Live Sad

Anyone have a working download?

You need to wait a little bit more. After two minutes the installer will continue Wink
erhnam Wrote:You need to wait a little bit more. After two minutes the installer will continue Wink

Nah, it's not that. I've waited up to 5-6 hours. The HDD LED doesn't blink, there's no activity, so it does actually freeze.
Gerabit Wrote:Hello NorDemoniac,

After several trial and loss, I've quit XBMCLive installation, has you know....

But...

I've given a shot with this release:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=66388

Guess what.... first shot first goal!!!!! Big Grin

This is what I've done:

1. Mount image, with Unetbootin version 377, to a USB drive of 4GB
2. reboot and choose install do HD
3. connect second USB drive, 2GB just for the test
4. all the questions, except country, default
5. in partitioning choose guided partitioning!

Everything goes smooth till finnalyzing the installation

disconnect first pen, reboot et voilá!!!!!

Thank you very much to erhnam for his release!

Good Luck NorDemoniac, if you need some help can count on me but first advise: give this release a shot!!!!!

Final note: all installed space used 1.1GB!
all installed including wireless space used 1.2GB!

I've tried it now. It stops at one of the first processes in the install. It stops on "Finding network hardware" or something like that... Angry

I don't know what to do. I want this to work so badly...
I think I fixed it!

Look at this thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p...ost8721502

It froze while booting up XBMC, but I could login on the shell.

I edited the xorg.conf file to correspond with the information I got from ubuntu 8.04, and when I closed and saced the xorg.conf file, the monitor connected with DVI on the PCI-card suddenly worked!!

No need for blacklisting or adding on /etc/modules.

But there's ONE catch!

The integrated VGA is still the primary card. So I'm wondering if it will work as I want to. Everything that's happing with the computer, during boot etc. is showed on the monitor connected to the integrated card (or NOT on the monitor beeing used) the only thing that pops up on the monitor connected with DVI, is XBMC.

It creates a set-top box feeling, as you wait 5-10 seconds, and suddenly, a picture.

But I'm wondering if the processing is beeing done by the integrated card, rather than the PCI-card. If this is so, I'm gonna have to do some more work. I really want 720p MKV-files to work. Of course the PCI graphics card doesn't support rendering HD-video, but it will take some strain of the CPU, as it could help rendering the XBMC interface. That way it would help a bit.

Well, off to test some videos.
I can't even get past the "no cd-rom drive detected" errors.

how did you guys get past those?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with 9.11 - Can't install.0