XBMC & iMon conflict? (just started)
Hi all,

I've just completed moving from Atlanta, GA to Boston, MA and brought my HTPC and Logitech Harmony 890 remote with me. I have had this setup running in ATL for months with no trouble and no changes were made when I got here.

When I set everything up, I tested the remote on the HTPC and it was receiving commands. However, as soon as started up XBMC it seemed to stop receiving any commands from the IR remote. I shut down XBMC and the system continued to not recognize commands from the remote (it acts as if it's not receiving a command--it's not just that the command doesn't do anything).

If I exit iMon and restart it I'm able to use the remote again. Once I start XBMC, the remote again stops working.

In an effort to fix the problem, I uninstalled and reinstalled both iMon and XBMC; however, the problem has persisted.

Any theories or help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
I just uninstalled iMon and installed IR Server Suite. The behavior is identical. When I load the debug client, I can see every press of every button on the remote until I start XMBC--and then the client no longer sees any button presses until I restart IRSS.

It seems like XBMC is somehow conflicting with the device.
nalthien Wrote:I just uninstalled iMon and installed IR Server Suite. The behavior is identical. When I load the debug client, I can see every press of every button on the remote until I start XBMC--and then the client no longer sees any button presses until I restart IRSS.

It seems like XBMC is somehow conflicting with the device.

Yep, XBMC will launch XBMCHelper which will grab exclusive control of the IR events. This is by design. If XBMCHelper is set to stay running, then it will stay running even if XBMC is quit.
davilla Wrote:Yep, XBMC will launch XBMCHelper which will grab exclusive control of the IR events. This is by design. If XBMCHelper is set to stay running, then it will stay running even if XBMC is quit.

Is there a setting for this? Because I have iMON and have had no problems with this at all. iMON and XBMC works great together for me.

Would be nice to know if there is a way to fix this IF I should run in to the same problem as mentioned above, in the future.
system -> system -> input devices.
davilla Wrote:system -> system -> input devices.

Thank you Smile
I too am running XBMC 9.11 with iMon 7.78.1125 with no problems. I have not tried IR Server Suite.

Under system -> system -> input devices, I only have mouse enabled.

I do not see XBMCHelper in my Task Manager.
This is one of 3 main reasons I am moving to Linux. iMon contantly breaks things for me. For instance in the new version if i choose "keyboard" mode for the mouse in iMon XBMC loses focus on boot. Yes you can get round it but it has been one long battle.
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
You could try eventghost, it works and integrates into xbmc perfectly(when you enable the plugin).
Or see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi..._with_XBMC

For many remotes you no longer need helper software like Eventghost or whatever.

JR
Imon works flawlessly for me. I use Windows 7 32-bit and I had issues with the latest releases (shortcuts not launching, certain keys premapped, etc...). The version that works best for me is 7.6 (I disable auto-upgrading).

Personally, I don't understand why any of you are using IRSS. Imon does the same function by adding programs and then remapping keystrokes to different remote keys (I use a Harmony 880 configured as an MCE remote). I do have XBMC configured to 'remote control sends keyboard presses'.

The trick with Imon is to create a quicklist entry for the XBMC shortcut. Then, anytime that shortcut it used, it toggles the mode. I even have Imon configured to work with MPC-HC as an External Player (when it detects that MPC-HC has been started, it remaps my keys until I return back to XBMC where it remaps again).

I actually switch between 3 apps using the Harmony: Win7MC (for my TV viewing/recording), XBMC (for all my media) and MPC-HC (for testing). I launch Win7MC by using the 'Green Button'. And I launch 'XBMC' by mapping a shortcut key in Windows "Ctrl+Shift+F6" and the same keystrokes in Imon.
davilla Wrote:system -> system -> input devices.

Great; I'm gonna give this a shot when I get home from work today; thanks davilla!

Edit: Is this a recent change? Because I've never seen this issue before and I didn't change any settings in either XBMC or iMon.
Not repro.

Imon and XBMC with personal keymap.xml working as the first day.
I tried the settings page listed here and there's no setting for XBMC to steal the IR port. The only settings in there are: "Remote sends keyboard presses" and "Enable Mouse"

No combination of those settings had any effect on the problem.

This is XBMC Camelot, btw.
In addition; I don't see any XBMCHelper application running either when XBMC is running or after it is shut down.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC & iMon conflict? (just started)0