Why is Stark slow?
Hi,
I was wondering why the Aeon Stark Release is very slow on my pc. Auriga and all the mods run fine but so far I havrn't found any mod that is not overloaded and includes the panel view from stark. I am running Xbmc on Windows 7 on a Dell Studio XPS16 with 4GB of ram and enough CPU/Video power.
If anyone could point out for me why exactly it is that slow, I would try to fix it on my own.

Thanks,
D0nR0sa
stark is old and very buggy and not built to work with the latest xbmc. also Auriga is not a mod it is in a nutshell a sort of more final version of stark ie stark = alpha Auriga = beta.

apart from a few builds still being updated aeon is all but dead
Use Showmix or one of the mods still being worked on in here.
Ram2000 Wrote:Use Showmix or one of the mods still being worked on in here.

Yes showmix 2.5 is fantastic Wink
I have noticed this as well. Using XBMC with Aeon is slow sometimes. Its very slow when I am pulling media from another pc that is pulling media via wifi network... all pc's in home is quad core win 7 4gb ram - wireless g
Thanks for the answers,
I know that Auriga is newer and Aeon is dead (at least Stark and Auriga, not the mods). In my opinion stark looks pretty perfect, especially the panel and normal list views are great imo. The problem is that the mods are based on auriga(as far as I know) and don't contain them anymore. Also while Stark is pretty slim(talking about the Interface, not the code) some mods, including showmix are to overloaded for me, with functions, viewtypes and whatever. So I thought there might be a couple of major problems that slow Stark down which I could try to fix on my own. Because that doesn't seem to be the case and I'm too lazy to fix all the code(and have not enough experience to do so), I stick with Rapier or Xperience.
I suggest moving on honestly. I've been using Aeon forever and just recently finally made a switch to a better skin. Aeon is awesome but it's time has passed especially with the new DirectX xbmc.
krypt2nite Wrote:I suggest moving on honestly. I've been using Aeon forever and just recently finally made a switch to a different skin. Aeon is awesome but, for me, it's time has passed especially with the new DirectX xbmc.

I fixed your post.

Wink

Not everybody believes that Aeon's time has passed. For me, there is no 'better' skin. Sure, there are newer skins, with different looks, but not everybody needs to be lumped into them.

I personally like the work being done on by Phil65 on that mod, and hope (pray) that it continues. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE Alaska as well, but there are too many things that I 'need' in my personal preference. The ability to add new items to the main screen (anything from 'favourites' is a necessity), a comprehensive music view mode (last/next track, times, etc) and the best presentation of fanart are the things that keep me using Aeon over Alaska. I keep waffling back and forth - both skins (in my opinion) have their strengths and weaknesses, but I would never say that a skin has seen its day come and go.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why is Stark slow?0