Two Observations about AppleTV-OS + XBMC
Two observations, that hopefully can save people some time.

First off, I am using HDMI Audio and using nightly builds from thequestr

I have noticed that when I am using HDMI audio, the System audio output (from within XBMC) needs to be set to Digital and not Analog. This might sound obvious, but for whatever reason when the audio output is set to "analog" it still works via hdmi. And since my TV can't do surround or DTS (at least i dont think it can!) I have disabled DTS and 5.1 surround from the audio menu. After switching to digital and disabling dts and 5.1, I have the ability to finally play at least some percentage of my library of MKV files with fewer problems than before. Now I am able to play a lot of my files (true 1080p non-interlaced) for a solid amount of time. Eventually almost all videos I have tried, gets to a point where the movie stutters heavily and I have to return to the video menu, and "resume" playback in order to resolve it

ALSO, I have noticed that everytime I use the XBMC audio controls for volume, during playback, it will ALWAYS send the playback into a tailspin to the point where I have to stop and restart the video. Don't touch the volume!

All videos have a pause/stutter every 5 minutes or so. Most of the time XBMC 'recovers' and continues on with the playback.

Just my observations, hopefully it can save someone some troubleshooting time. All in all its very impressive to see the apple tv chunk through 1080p video! nice work davilla!
NOW: AppleTV+CrystalHD PREVIOUS: HTPC and XBOX (both loudly running XBMC)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Two Observations about AppleTV-OS + XBMC0