• 4(current)
3DTV Support - Play "3D" Movies in XBMC plus have GUI / OSD and subtitles just work?
Huh? Why must XBMC handle the glasses sync? Isn't it the TV that does this? There are already PCs that support 3D (with hdmi 1.4). Also, a 3D player from Sony is compatible with a 3D-player from Samsung, and I doubt they have builtin support for etch other's sync handling.
Kodi 17.0 Krypton, Win10 running on an ASRock ION 330HT HTPC
Lightbulb 
Was watching an SBS 3D video last night which XBMC handles great...However there was an external subtitles file (not embedded in the video) and XBMC pulls that up outside of the SBS so they are useless.

Since the subtitles are pulling as part of the interface overlay and not the video, it looks like the entire XBMC interface would need to somehow be rebuilt to have a 3D SBS option which to me may be a huge undertaking, so for now I'm guessing we won't be able to have external subtitle files when doing 3D, but I figured it didn't hurt to ask. Wink
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10331
Sweet. I agree. Doesn't need to be 3D GUI. Just flat and work.
My 2 cts on this thread, i tested Bino ( http://www.nongnu.org/bino/ ) which is quite simple, you can choose input type and output type. I think it could be easy to manage for example a new input in settings to let know xbmc which kind of 3D you want as output (side by side, cyan/red glasses, up/down), and for input have sorta autodetection on obvious 3D streams (like 3840x1080 ones), and an entry to force an movie format in the menu you can access while playing

The "only" caveat i see is decoding. vdpauinfo on my video card can make 4k surfaces but only decode 2048x2048 h264, which is not enough for side by side 1080p (i can't imagine raw cpu power for soft-decoding something like that).
Lens13 Wrote:The "only" caveat i see is decoding. vdpauinfo on my video card can make 4k surfaces but only decode 2048x2048 h264, which is not enough for side by side 1080p (i can't imagine raw cpu power for soft-decoding something like that).

That is what the Nvidia GT430 is for. It decodes 3D content perfectly to my 3D TV in PowerDVD.

And for the record- the TV and not the software keeps the glasses in sync. You just need the program to tell the TV "it is 3D content!" (and even then you can force it into 3D mode).

I have already tried half SBS on my ION box and it works. I think that low of 3D res is unpleasant though. Soon I plan to try to shove a full SBS file through XBMC....

Have any play to support BD 3D mvc decode?
StarChild Wrote:Huh? Why must XBMC handle the glasses sync? Isn't it the TV that does this? There are already PCs that support 3D (with hdmi 1.4). Also, a 3D player from Sony is compatible with a 3D-player from Samsung, and I doubt they have builtin support for etch other's sync handling.

If it was outputting to a PC monitor it would as they dont have polarized screens and just use alternate frame sequencing and the active glasses to do it. However you are right outputting straight to a proper 3D tv that uses polarization should be fine.
I don't think too many people would expect XBMC to make 3D work on a monitor/TV that doesn't natively support 3D.

Which means XBMC only* needs to support for the new formats.

* I am not saying this is an easy task, but it is the only step that is required.
poofyhairguy Wrote:That is what the Nvidia GT430 is for. It decodes 3D content perfectly to my 3D TV in PowerDVD.

And for the record- the TV and not the software keeps the glasses in sync. You just need the program to tell the TV "it is 3D content!" (and even then you can force it into 3D mode).

I have already tried half SBS on my ION box and it works. I think that low of 3D res is unpleasant though. Soon I plan to try to shove a full SBS file through XBMC....

That would be great, you mean that the GT430 can decode full SBS ? 3840*1080 ?
Lens13 Wrote:That would be great, you mean that the GT430 can decode full SBS ? 3840*1080 ?

Yep.

Is possible play on normal LCD TV with truemotion 3D movie via XBMC ( + ext. player ? ) under linux ?

I have PC with nvidia ION, 3D movie -2 mkv - for each eye one and LG LH5000 TV.

Any chance ?

Thanks for each help.

Alda
I am having a problem with the above configuration. When I try to play over-under (and side by side also) stereo file from XBMC, TV changes mode to 3D, but stereopair is not converted to actual 3D. And I can't change the mode manually, as it is grayed out.
Is this expected (3D support not implemented yet) or I am doingitwrong?
I know about stereoscopic player, but I don't want to leave XBMC just to play certain file...
I recently played the best full SBS file I have found. Results:

The good news is that it works with the newest Windows build, so no more DS player. More good news is playing a full SBS file with the GT430 knocks my TV into 3D mode. Its like the GPU knows to send the correct "its 3D" signal to my TV. So one day this could be easy - its not like that mode is locked in DRM hell.

The bad news is once in 3D you can't switch to SBS (on my TV at least) so to use full 1080p 3D that way the player must play the actual SSIF files. I am guessing it will take FFMPEG support for that.

More bad news was it did kinda lag. I am gonna try soon in Linux to see if the file actually plays at that res on that build.

I am new to the 3d game here. I had a question for poofyhairguy, you said it works with the newest windows build, so no more dsplayer.

Could you please explain what exactly you mean by it works? Were you just playing a m2ts file ripped from a 3d blu ray, inside the latest windows build of xbmc? and it played?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3DTV Support - Play "3D" Movies in XBMC plus have GUI / OSD and subtitles just work?5