• 52(current)
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)
Sad 
fairtekservices Wrote:I have taken the liberty of downloading and compiling the source code and making an executable file. Download my pre-compiled build and follow these instructions:

1. Install
  2. Start up XBMC
  3. Go to Music > Add-Ons > spotyXBMC
  4. Configure the spotyXBMC Add-On (Spotify Username and Password)
  5. Restart XBMC
  6. Enjoy! Smile

Not working for me! No

after config + restart when i click on spotyXBMC It returns to the main music addons folder Confused
Diddleydoo Wrote:Thanks to tsint for helping me to get spotyxbmc2 rocking at my home.
He Wrote a damn good guide using xbmc live to me. With his permission and if anybody wants it i can pm it to you.
And akezeke, keep up the good work!

any chance to received PM for Guide

Regards
Rainbow 
Kookitza Wrote:Not working for me! No

after config + restart when i click on spotyXBMC It returns to the main music addons folder Confused

Sorry. I wasn't clear. After you install and setup you no longer use the spotify app itself. Everything is integrated into the music section. You have to enable library mode.

Here is a revised guide to install

1. Install
  2. Start up XBMC
  5. Restart XBMC
  6. Enable Library Mode
  7. Go to Music Library
  8. Spotify Options will be present now (playlists, albums, artists, top songs, etc.) In order to see albums and artists you need to star albums and songs.
  9. Enjoy!
fairtekservices Wrote:Sorry. I wasn't clear. After you install and setup you no longer use the spotify app itself. Everything is integrated into the music section. You have to enable library mode.

Here is a revised guide to install

1. Install
  2. Start up XBMC
  5. Restart XBMC
  6. Enable Library Mode
  7. Go to Music Library
  8. Spotify Options will be present now (playlists, albums, artists, top songs, etc.) In order to see albums and artists you need to star albums and songs.
  9. Enjoy!

This has got to be a joke! Big Grin I just spent about 8 hours yesterday and today running through the instructions step by step (as detailed here http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=882...tcount=530).

Talk about timing! Big Grin

Anyway i'm nly joking, well done mate, if that executable works then its a great thing you've done.

And thanks so much to the OP too for all his hard work.

I've got spotify working in xbmc now and i love it. only issue is that i lost all my home screen submenu's that I had taken ages to setup using the aeon mq2 skin.

just incase anyone loses their sub menu's i solved it by upgrading to aeon mq3 skin. i still had to setup the sub menu's from scratch but at least they are functional again.

Thanks again to everyone who put effort into making spotify possible through xbmc. im enjoying the 1 month free trial just now, shame its £10 a month in the uk. dont think i'll be paying £120 per year when my free trial is up to be honest.
Big Grin 
thebearnecessit Wrote:This has got to be a joke! Big Grin I just spent about 8 hours yesterday and today running through the instructions step by step (as detailed here http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=882...tcount=530).

Anyway i'm nly joking, well done mate, if that executable works then its a great thing you've done.

I've got spotify working in xbmc now and i love it. only issue is that i lost all my home screen submenu's that I had taken ages to setup using the aeon mq2 skin.

just incase anyone loses their sub menu's i solved it by upgrading to aeon mq3 skin. i still had to setup the sub menu's from scratch but at least they are functional again.

Thanks again to everyone who put effort into making spotify possible through xbmc. im enjoying the 1 month free trial just now, shame its £10 a month in the uk. dont think i'll be paying £120 per year when my free trial is up to be honest.
I was using Aeon MQ2 skin and now

I am also going to try to compile it for Mac, iOS, and ATV systems. I will post all of the downloads once I get them compiled. I am working on the mac stuff right now. Hopefully I will have an ATV version for the poster above sometime soon.

I just want to say thank you to Akezeke for all of his hard work. I will post the files sometime in the near future (if I can get them to work of course).
Big Grin 
thebearnecessit Wrote:This has got to be a joke! Big Grin I just spent about 8 hours yesterday and today running through the instructions step by step (as detailed here http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=882...tcount=530).

I was using Aeon MQ2 skin and now

I will be working on verions for Mac, iOS, and ATV as well. Hopefully I can get the ATV version out for the user above to test out.

Thank you so much Akezeke for developing this! Great job.

I will post the downloads as soon as they are available.
Sad 
smilykoch Wrote:I have finally managed to compile the spotyxbmc2 code successfully for ubuntu 10.04 with libspotify 10.0.4

but now, when i open XBMC i closes after about 5 seconds leaving this crash dump.:

http://pastebin.com/FXHXnzL3

I really hope some1 can help me..

*EDIT*
I also get this in my terminal:
Code:
do_wait: drmWaitVBlank returned -1, IRQs don't seem to be working correctly.
Try adjusting the vblank_mode configuration parameter.
bgthread OnStartup
bgthread quiting, spotyxbmc is not enabled or the addon is missing
exiting process thread
Logging out
cleaned player
cleaned playlists
cleaned search
cleaned radios
cleaned artists
cleaned albums
cleaned tracks
cleaned thumbs
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
Crash report available at /home/xbmc/xbmc_crashlog-20120129_154005.log

Smilykoch

No-one who can tell me what to do, to prevent xbmc from closing again after about 5-7 seconds? Sad
fairtekservices Wrote:I have taken the liberty of downloading and compiling the source code and making an executable file. Download my pre-compiled build and follow these instructions:

1. Install
  2. Start up XBMC
  5. Restart XBMC
  6. Enjoy! Smile

Thank you! Works great.
I´m guessing I can´t upgrade to beta 2 after I´ve installed this or Spotify will stop working?
Eeebox 1501p htpc, Win7 Ultimate
aTV2 Seas0nPass NitoTV

1. Install
  2. Start up XBMC
  5. Restart XBMC
  6. Enjoy! Smile

WELL DONE MATE!!!
for a non techie person like myself, this is a massive plus.
it works too...

a few comments
1/ pressing next track stops play, you have to click on the next track instead
2/ cover art is not downloaded to the xbmc android app (which would be fab!)
3/ radio stations give weird results, I created one called chilled world and got aerosmith and no world music
4/ a version for beta2 would be FAB.

Thanks again and well done,

Mark.
Thank you can not wait to use Spotify on my ATV, thanks again hope its soon
fairtekservices Wrote:I will be working on verions for Mac, iOS, and ATV as well. Hopefully I can get the ATV version out for the user above to test out.

Thank you so much Akezeke for developing this! Great job.

I will post the downloads as soon as they are available.

Fairtek, do you have a notification list or something? I'd really love to see spotyxbmc compatible with AppleTV!
Hi

Back again with a little progress on the atv2 build. Sadly I must say that I will not have that much time to finish this up due to work so I'd thought I'd put up the information where I am today and the current behavior of my build.

Behaviour to-date
Everything compiles and builds okay. When XBMC starts it manages to connect to Spotify via libspotify but then reboots the ATV2 without any message in the error logs which I manage to interpret.
The log file is available on;
http://pastebin.com/56U9nAph

Modifications to build;
The steps i’ve made to get it to compile takes it standpoint in the readme.ios file but made the following changes;
Preparations
  • Download the git from spotyxbmc2 instead of normal xbmc
  • Download libspotify for iOS from Spotify and extract it
  • Copy appkey.h to the root folder of spotyxbmc2
  • Create a directory named libspotify in the spotyxbmc2 root folder.
  • Copy api.h to the libspotify directory
Changes to the build script
Start by opening up XBMC-ATV.xcodeproj with Xcode.

Add the libpspotify framework
  • Rightclick on Systemlibs and Frameworks.
  • Add => Existing Frameworks.
  • Add Other.
  • Go to the folder where you extracted the libspotify (downloaded from SPotify)
  • Select the libspotify.framework
  • Click Add
Include the libspotify api.h
  • Expand Source
  • Expand Lib
  • Right click on Lib and select Add => Existing Files
  • Go to /lib/libspotify (within the spotyxbmc2 sourcedir)
  • Click Add
  • Verify that the target XBMC is checked. Click on Add
Add the spotyxbmc source to build
  • Expand Source
  • Expand xbmc
  • Expand music
  • Right click on music and select Add => Existing Files
  • Navigate to /xbmc/music/spotyxbmc2 (within the spotyxbmc2 sourcedir)
  • Click Add
  • Verify that the target XBMC is check. Click on Add

Compile in accordance with readme.ios starting from 3.1.

I really hope someone picks up the ball from here and manages to do this little extra to get this to run. I feel it's so close now. I can provide more logs if some nice person have a hunch on where the problem is.

//Mike
akezeke Wrote:No spotyxbmc has not been seperated to an addon... yet. The code is better encapsulated to make way for the remake into an addon that will begin soon.

But if you want to use spotyxbmc with the pvr-branch its not that hard, download the pvr branch and the spotyxbmc branch. Create a diff between spotyxbmc and original xbmc master. Apply the diff to the pvr-branch (manually is safest)

There might even be a clever git trick to do it automatically since both branches has the same origin but I don't now how to do it. Someone else perhaps?

Edit:
Tried with this from inside the spotyxbmc2 dir

git remote add pvr git://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc.git
git fetch pvr
git merge pvr/master

I'v got only one merge conflict and that is in the settings.cpp, the video and music extensions, edit it manually and make sure that .spotify is still in the music part and .pvr is in the video.

Then just mark the confict as solved and build it. worked for me.

/David

Is it always working with beta2 ? Can't merge pvr/master
CONFLICT (conten): Merge Conflict in addons/skin.confluence/720p/MusicOSD.xml
I have been trying to get it to work in linux (the beta 2 CD from XBCMfreak)
But I have not been able to get it to work, I followed the instructions that are on the website (https://github.com/akezeke/spotyxbmc2).
Is there a more linux noob proof instruction, how-to guide that anyone has?
I keep getting stuck at certain points.

1. Install
  2. Start up XBMC
  5. Restart XBMC
  6. Enjoy! Smile

Hi

Working for me except that i can't connect to spotify.
I think it's because i have a facebook spotify account anyone can help me with that ?
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] XBMC + Spotify = True (an XBMC implementation that uses Spotify's official API)10