ProjectM Reduced?
Finally got around to installing the stable release of 9.11 onto my Mac Mini last night after running with a version from early December over the last few weeks, and noted unusual behaviour with the ProjectM visualisations.

Where ProjectM would previously cycle through many many random effects (presets?) it now only works with a single effect (a ProjectM logo with Headphones).

Before I go grabbing debug logs and experimenting with nightly-releases and self-builds, can anyone confirm if this behaviour is 'expected'. i.e. Has the ProjectM functionality been intentionally reduced for OS X? If it's not, then I'll go down the proper debugging route!

Thanks in advance for any pointers,

Fergus.
You probably locked the preset. I don't remember how you do that though, should be in the wiki, or determinable from keymaps/keyboard.xml.
althekiller Wrote:You probably locked the preset. I don't remember how you do that though, should be in the wiki, or determinable from keymaps/keyboard.xml.

Should've mentioned that I'd already tried that - it's not locked! The fact that you even asked the question however suggests that my set-up isn't (as I suspected) working 'normally'.

I'll have look when I can next get access to the box (i.e. when wife and child aren't using it)!

Cheers.
For the benefit of anyone else with same problem, thought I'd post back to confirm how I resolved this issue.

Turns out that ProjectM didn't have access to any Presets at all! At some point, my previous installation of XBMC had created a config file (~/Library/Aplication Support/XBMC/User Data/Visualistions/ProjectM.conf) which pointed ProjectM to the path where its presets had previousy resided.

By simply deleting the offending ProjectM.conf file, XBMC sorted itself out and now works fine!
Oh dear god thanx Fergus. For me on linux the file was at: ~/.xbmc/userdata/visualisations/projectM.conf.

So this will fix the issue:
Code:
rm ~/.xbmc/userdata/visualisations/projectM.conf

EDIT: Darn. Spoke too soon. I didn't test before I posted. Just removed the file. Maybe it's something else in linux?
I just tried this and XBMC recreates the file with the default dir of Preset Path = /usr/share/xbmc/visualisations/projectM

All the visualisations are there, but still can't use them. Changing the dir to anything else and it gets changed back automatically....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ProjectM Reduced?0