Remove 'up directory'?
just started using xbmc and i must say i love it and i have found aeon to be my favourite skin so far.

There is however one thing I wish I could change and wondered if it was possible to remove the 'up directory' icon from the showcase view. For one I never want to really go back and choose genres or by actors or anything like that, I want it always on titles so there is no need for me to go up and I dont think it looks very good. If possible I would like to remove this from the view.

Thanks.

btw I am on about the thing I have selected in the image:
Settings - Appearance - Filelists ... make sure the first option there is UNCHECKED
The only issue I ever had with this is the inability of many skins to adequately deal with the 'in and out, issue of using "backspace" vs. the "Esc" key. I removed my 'up' icon, but quickly returned it when I found that, if you used "Esc", you're brought completely out of the application component (ie you leave "Movies" when you might be on the "Info" page, as opposed to returning to the movie view) and if you used "Backspace" you would find yourself in the Actors, Genres, Title (etc) section no matter what.

This alone made the 'up' icon a necessity for me - especially in TV mode. Nothing is worse than having two modes (TV and Movies) with different behaviours.

How does everybody else get around this? Is there a workaround I might be missing?
I all depends on the ,return argument for activatewindow (you can look at it in includes_mainmenu.xml und includes_submenu.xml). if it is set, it doesn´t return to the actors/year/etc section. (From Wiki: For some windows (MusicLibrary and VideoLibrary), the return parameter may be specified, which indicates that XBMC should use this folder as the "root" of the level, and thus the "parent directory" action from within this folder will return the user to where they were prior to the window activating. )
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remove 'up directory'?0