Question about some NFO tags?
Hey guys

I'm currently working on getting a list of all the information for the different types of media XBMC reads from the NFO files. I need this to make it possible that UMM can provide the maximum amount of information possible to XBMC. I used this wiki page to gather the information: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Import_-_Export_Library. Are these examples complete or are there any new tags that are missing?

What about the <style> and <mood> tags in the NFO for music? Are they being used (because I couldn't find anything matching these in the music database)?
What about the <yearsactive>? How is this tag intended to be used? A tag for every single year? Or something like
Code:
<yearsactive>1980-1990</yearsactive>
<yearsactive>1992-1994</yearsactive>

I saw that multiple artists of an album are defined in seperate <artists> tags. Is this the same for <director>, <credits> and <studio> or should there only be one tag for each of these with a content similar to the genre (names split by /)?

I would be very grateful if someone could provide me with some detailed information so that UMM will be able to provide as much information as possible.
Thanks for your help!
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Sorry for "pushing" this up but is there nobody who could provide some additional information?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
style and moods are definitely used. albuminfo has strStyles and strMoods fields.

years active is just a string, single tag. you show whatever you want in there.
spiff Wrote:style and moods are definitely used. albuminfo has strStyles and strMoods fields.

years active is just a string, single tag. you show whatever you want in there.

Thanks a lot for the clarification spiff.

Btw I noticed a very small mistake in the mentioned wiki article: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Import_-_Exp...ry#Artists
Code:
<yearsactive clear=true>First year active (1993)[b]</theme>[/b]
Can anyone (with an account) change the Wiki or do you need special rights? If everyone can do it I'll get it fixed myself otherwise please let me know who I need to inform.
just create an account. you can edit everything, you just cannot create new pages.
Done
Apart from combing the code I think the best approach is to export a populated database to see all the available / valid tags.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question about some NFO tags?0