Music Genre Art Images
Lightbulb 
Hi Hitch,

I got one of teh gfx guys at work to knock me up a psd which I can use to generate the musicgenre images.

We have done them in the same style as the movie genre images to fit in with the way they look. I know someone else generated those and would like to say I hope they dont mind me copying the style and I would also like to mention I did not use any of their textures I found new ones as I would hate to steal someone elses work.

Anyway have a look hitch and let me know if you like or hate. If you want changes let me know or if you want something completely different then also let me know.

If you do like the style then I can generate one for each genre ( wow need to get a list Smile

EDIT : I have just read over in another post that asphinx has pointed out he does not seem to mind people using his silhouette images and continuing. So if you would prefer consistancy I could always use his main background image and do the genre images based on that.

Anyway here goes.

They look great and using the same main background as the Movie genre images would be even better.

Only one thing I would say and that's to lose any text in them because that'll be shown in the list anyway and there's also mixed genres.

Great work, thanks to all involved.
Hitcher Wrote:They look great and using the same main background as the Movie genre images would be even better.

Only one thing I would say and that's to lose any text in them because that'll be shown in the list anyway and there's also mixed genres.

Great work, thanks to all involved.

OK will use the same background as the movie genre.

Will drop text no problems..

I have a list here on this site of genres. I will go through and attempt to do one for every genre in that list. Will take some time but should be able to do 5-10 per day. I will add a download link in my 1st post when I get a sensible amount ready and then update it as I add the remainder.

http://www.id3.org/id3v2.3.0#head-129376...0288d7c7e7
UPDATE : just updated 1st post with new ones.
What do you know? The Silhouettes are still being used to inspire others.. Smile And great to see someone trying to make Music Genre's.. although personally I don't like the red-ish brown outline glow you have going on, it feels a little out of place. Maybe it's about time I try to dig out the old photoshop file and release it, so people who want to continue working with the same style can get the exact same "silhouette settings" so to speak. Smile

Would you like that MrTourettes?
Fiinix Design presents: Posters, for Movies, TV Shows, Games, Arcade etc.

» Latest Poster-Pack: The Silhouettes, TV Shows
» Upcoming Poster-Pack: To Be Announced

» Game & Emulator Poster, request here
» Movie/TV Genre Poster, here
Hi, the redish brown tint was what the gfx artist at work did. Since I have been home I have actually changed it Smile

Here are a couple I have done so far Smile

Funk : Yeah I know its jay kay etc etc Wink

Disco :

Sorry had to post again It would not let me edit post.. Kept saying I had posted 7 imagesHuh?

Yes the psd file for the orig would be very helpfull in keeping with consistancy etc Smile
I'm going to look for .psd file right now. Smile But also, the Disco and Country really excellent! If the rest of your Posters keep this quality I would gladly share the .psd. Might even have to start using Music Library so I can enjoy them.

Also to help you get the list of Music genre's going (iTunes reference pictures, link)

Hope this image is not too big if it is ill replace with a thumbnail.

reduced size of them by 1/2 but thought I would just show you what I am hoping they will look like.. Here is a small selection

Classical, Country, Death Metal, Disco, Funk, Ethnic
Heavy Metal, Rap, Punk, Soul, Hip Hop, Jazz

Reduced by ½? You are making them 680x1000 I hope.. But yeah, they look very nice. Although if you don't mind me nitpicking a little, there's one other thing bothering me. Here's the .psd file. I zipped it, and also it's saved from CS3, let me know if there's any issues using it.

Anyway, back to my nitpicking... Smile If you look at the .psd I have guides there, they serve as an outer limit for the silhouettes. I did that for two purposes, one so skinners would have some room to add overlays or borders or whatever without it interfering with the silhouette itself. And secondly, because I thought it looked nice. Big Grin
Personally I think it would look better if you followed that as I noticed that the Ethnic one seems to go a bit high up in one corner.

But in the end, you're the one making the Posters, so I will leave that decision up to you, just thought I'd let you know that it's a possibility if you want it. Enjoy! Smile

The actual images I am saving are the same as hitch has used in the skin which are 340,500

Will have a look at the psd now and use the guides.. Thanks Smile

EDIT : OOOOOO I like that psd Smile thanks going to be using it Smile
Ah yes, I forgot that I resized them from the originals.

I'd suggest, if it's not too much work now, that you make your set as big as the originals and I'll simply resize them for Alaska. That way you can post your own thread in the FanArt, Background Backdrops, etc forum so they can be shared for all.

PS. Thanks once again for doing this.
Hitcher Wrote:Ah yes, I forgot that I resized them from the originals.

I'd suggest, if it's not too much work now, that you make your set as big as the originals and I'll simply resize them for Alaska. That way you can post your own thread in the FanArt, Background Backdrops, etc forum so they can be shared for all.

PS. Thanks once again for doing this.

No probs.. In fact now I am using Asphinx's psd file I am generating them all 680x1000 anyway Smile Just redone all the ones I have so far.

I will make a post in the fanart section when I have at least 50% of them done and will pm you hitch and let you know they are available Smile
This looks great! Can't wait to get them in the Alaska skin Smile
I love my Mac Mini :;):
These look very nice.

Where would one put these to have them show up in Alaska like the movie genres do? Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Genre Art Images0