Rotation animation not realistic?
Could it be that the rotation animation is not working correctly, as in the real.

As shown in the screenshots:
not rotated
rotated

The camera and the center of the rotation are in the middle of the screen, visible as a red cross.
If the image is rotated, should the left and right edge of the image move inwards, but in the Screenshot is doing just the right edge.
The left edge moves outwards unnaturally.

Or am I doing something wrong?
That sounds exactly right to me unless I misunderstood what you're trying to do.

From the description if you hold a piece of paper in the middle and rotate it right or left the far side gets smaller and the near side gets bigger. I can't see how you rotate it so both sides get smaller (further away from you).
Hitcher Wrote:That sounds exactly right to me unless I misunderstood what you're trying to do.

From the description if you hold a piece of paper in the middle and rotate it right or left the far side gets smaller and the near side gets bigger. I can't see how you rotate it so both sides get smaller (further away from you).

Think you misunderstood his problem. Yes, vertically the near side gets bigger and far side smaller, but horizontally the whole image should get narrower, thus both sides should be moving horizontally closer to the middle. In the rotated image only the right side moves closer to the middle and the left side moves away from it.
I mean it as in the sketch (top view)
red line is the rotated image
green the flat image
So what you want is the panel to rotate like its got a pin in the center? if so then you need to edit the center part the below code is what i use to get the correct effect.

the 209 is half the width of my image size so if yours is 300 width then it would be 150 instead of 209

PHP Code:
<effect type="rotatey" start="0" end="-180" center="209,0" time="550" /> 

if this is not what you want then sorry lol
Rocky5 Wrote:So what you want is the panel to rotate like its got a pin in the center? if so then you need to edit the center part the below code is what i use to get the correct effect.

the 209 is half the width of my image size so if yours is 300 width then it would be 150 instead of 209

PHP Code:
<effect type="rotatey" start="0" end="-180" center="209,0" time="550" /> 
if this is not what you want then sorry lol
The center is in the middle of the image, also the camra position.
Ahh, i know center="x,z" for rotatey, so i can set the distance with the z coordinate to the image.
Thanks Rocky

ps.: rotatex, rotatey completely is missing in the wiki
In your picture above, move the "eye" circle towards the "image" circle. Note that it gets bigger as it rotates.

Your problem is you're assuming the camera eye is a long way from the screen, where it may not be.

Also, if any of the rotates aren't in the skinning manual then please add them - the docs are only as good as you make them!

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

if the distance from the object to camera is more than twice the radius of the object, then it will narrow, otherwise it will grow.... very loosely speaking, but technically it will ALWAYS widen for a moment unless the camera is infinitely far away.

If "very loosely speaking" is translated as "completely wrong", sure :p

Nothing like an infinitely far away camera to bring some math onto the forum though Smile

Cheers,
Math Nazi
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rotation animation not realistic?0