[APPLE TV] Apple TV or Intel D945GSEJT with Crystal HD
I've bought a Crystal HD card and now haven't got a machine to put it in. (Was bought for a Dell Mini 10 but the new GMA 500 drivers give me 1080p video playback out of the box now.)

So I'm up for a new XBMC project but I'm stuck between using it in either an Apple TV or Intel D945GSEJT (a passively cooled Atom). http://linitx.com/viewproduct.php?prodid=12472

Anyone got any thoughts? The D945GSEJT and a case will cost about half the price of an ATV... BUT only has a DVI socket, whereas the ATV has HDMI.
[QUOTE=evilhomeruk;483911The D945GSEJT and a case will cost about half the price of an ATV... BUT only has a DVI socket, whereas the ATV has HDMI.[/quote]

Dvi socket only it's not an issue. I connected my mac mini that has only dvi to a LCD 1080p TV and it looks great. Signal is always digital like HDMI. You cannot bring audio signal together but it's not a problem isn't it?
My though is this:

Apple TV pro:

- Estethical (looks very cool)
- HDMI

Intel D945GSEJT pro

- Passive cool
- more usb ports available without hub
- price

that's your choice. I think that i will get the Intel one. Some rumors are saying that a new apple tv will available soon at the end of january by Apple.

Hope this help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLE TV] Apple TV or Intel D945GSEJT with Crystal HD0