[XBOX] How big is a default stock Xbox hard drive?
Since this thread has some smart xbox guys viewing it...how much HD space does an XBOX have.

My aunt stays at my Grandma's every Xmas and I end up burning like 10-15 DVD's. I would rather just ftp them over and hook up my spare xbox at my grandma's next Xmas...
I did a lot of Xbox modding back in the day, and if I remember correctly, the stock HDD is only 8 GB. Box had to be hacked (modchip or softmod), HDD had to be unlocked BIOS flashed with LBA48 support to upgrade to a large HDD.

All in all by today's standards.........not worth the effort. Your better off with a Revo running live.
Oh, yea for a main HTPC definitely have to go with a computer...This is a spare XBOX, already softmodded, that if I could ftp over 10 (700-800mb) instead of spending time burning DVD's next XMAS would be perfect.
"New thread" button missing for you or something? Don't thread jack!
Not all of the space is really available for practical usage, due to the partitioning setup.
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
There are also 10GB drives in some xboxes.
Was I being accused of hijacking the thread? I answered the posters question in my post.

I believe the Western Digital HDDs in Xbox were 8 GB. Seagate drives were 10 GB. As stated it was all available due to the partitioning scheme.
If I thought you were the one thread jacking, I'd have created this thread with your post first...
mcborzu Wrote:Since this thread has some smart xbox guys viewing it...how much HD space does an XBOX have.

My aunt stays at my Grandma's every Xmas and I end up burning like 10-15 DVD's. I would rather just ftp them over and hook up my spare xbox at my grandma's next Xmas...

Convert you dvd's to Avi format divx/xvid and you'll get 10/11 on the stock hdd, or replace the hdd with a 160gig and load nearly 200 onto itWink
I built a slimbox (cut down xbox minus the dvd) to use as a portable media player to take to my parents or friends place to watch movies and to keep the kids entertained.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] How big is a default stock Xbox hard drive?0