"All Seasons" GUI options: top, bottom, off
NoPantsJim Wrote:a small setting in the options menu is easier than scrolling through XML every time.
You know it's just 3 lines in the advancedsettings.xml, right ?
Admin @ Passion-XBMC
(official french community)
I'm aware; I've already done it on my own personal setup. I still think it would be easier. Now that there's a slim chance we could see XBMC devices someday thanks to the work of Sigma, it's probably a good idea to move options like this away from being exclusive to people who will go into the filesystem and edit XML by hand.
mcborzu Wrote:Thats just removes the ".." or Go Back option

Huh, you're right. I apologize. I could have sworn that turned off All Seasons as well, but it appears that my XBMC install has the option set in advancedsettings.
I agree about an option for All Seasons. I would personally love to have it at the bottom of the listings instead of the top. Please bring this option back. I know it's all about simplicity but it's also about function and a balance between the two. What's better? a user being annoyed every day by having to click an extra step past "All Seasons" or an extra option in settings that may annoy/confuse a user that 1 day where he/she had to go to settings?

/rant Tongue
For those of you suggesting editing xml files please consider this: a vast majority of users DO NOT know about this setting and will NOT discover it if it's buried in XML. However, if it's in the GUI, this setting is discoverable and may prove invaluable for many who didn't even know it existed. I'm one of those people.

//rant Wink
I'll change XBMC so that it phones home whenever a setting is altered. It's the only way to know whether users actually use a given setting. Users that complain about a setting in the forum are very much a biased sample.

In all seriousness, perhaps the default option for it is incorrect and it should be off by default? I never find myself clicking on it, except by accident. The only case I can think of where it is of use is when you have only a few episodes each season (e.g. you've kept only your favourite episodes from a show.)

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:In all seriousness, perhaps the default option for it is incorrect and it should be off by default? I never find myself clicking on it, except by accident. The only case I can think of where it is of use is when you have only a few episodes each season (e.g. you've kept only your favourite episodes from a show.)

Cheers,
Jonathan

I do think you're right here. I can't think of an example when "All Seasons" is really a useful selection.
I personally don't have a problem using the advancedsettings.xml for all my boxes but just had a thought that perhaps someone could code an add-on that allowed one to toggle or change some of the things in the advancedsettings file. That would bring some of these settings into the gui for those that don't like to dig. Of course you would need to find someone willing to create it or code it yourself if something like that is possible.
NoPantsJim Wrote:I do think you're right here. I can't think of an example when "All Seasons" is really a useful selection.

In my case I only use it for documentaries. There are documentary series that may be 20 seasons long, or contain hundreds of episodes. I have a couple of episodes of each season, so the only sensible way to browse these documentaries is by showing all seasons.
Okay, that does make sense. Still, it would be nice to have as a simple menu option Smile
Going back to the root of the issue for me, here's another thought: if XBMC would remember path selections even after quitting, I would not care about All seasons and probably everyone else wouldn't care either (let me know if not).

The problem for me seems to be this: I have to traverse past All Seasons all the time which contributes to some of the annoyance. If XBMC would remember path selections, I would click TV Show and it would automatically select the last season I watched, and the last episode. No redundant traversing. No gripe with All seasons.

Maybe the setting we should be asking is "Remember watched seasons and episode paths even after XBMC quits" either make it default or an option would be fine with me. Thoughts?
I think my original request would be easier to implement Tongue
If you've done the setting already in 1 setup, just carry a flash drive with the single created file and just paste it into them. I do that all the time.

I have .dds, Clean on Update, and Removal of "All Seasons". the same code works on all versions. (I Have an XBOX, Live Install, Windows 7 (64-bi), and Mac.)
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8535
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I must be blind. What setting in advancedsettings.xml will toggle off "all seasons" ??

I looked here and didn't see anything about "all seasons". http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ttings.xml

isamu.dragon Wrote:If you've done the setting already in 1 setup, just carry a flash drive with the single created file and just paste it into them. I do that all the time.

I have .dds, Clean on Update, and Removal of "All Seasons". the same code works on all versions. (I Have an XBOX, Live Install, Windows 7 (64-bi), and Mac.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"All Seasons" GUI options: top, bottom, off0