• 37(current)
Linux HOW-TO playback Blu-ray Disc in XBMC for Linux with MakeMKV (Plugin Addon)
Hi all,

I would like to be able to play original BD discs on my HTPC that uses ubuntu. I tried makemkv some time ago (at least one year ago) and I made it work with XBMC, the problem was that it lasted only some days, after those days of trial MakeMKV stopped working and I was supposed to have to pay.

Is MakeMKV really a payment software or is there any legal way to make it work by free?

Regards
(2015-01-23, 17:50)Xander Log Wrote: Hi all,

I would like to be able to play original BD discs on my HTPC that uses ubuntu. I tried makemkv some time ago (at least one year ago) and I made it work with XBMC, the problem was that it lasted only some days, after those days of trial MakeMKV stopped working and I was supposed to have to pay.

Is MakeMKV really a payment software or is there any legal way to make it work by free?

Regards

Sorry I think you have to pay, although you could try to install the latest version. In any case this is not a piracy forum so please don't ask how to use paid software for free.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-01-23, 21:21)nickr Wrote: Sorry I think you have to pay, although you could try to install the latest version. In any case this is not a piracy forum so please don't ask how to use paid software for free.

Hi nickr,

Many thanks for your answer and interest.

My question was not in the way of installing a pirated software, I understand that it can be the idea of my message, but believe me, it is just what I don't want to, even if there would be a way to, It's not usefull for me.

My question was in the way of something I rode somewhere about using Kodi's addon modifiyng it in way that instead of using makemkv original dependicies (pay) can use some alternative ones that are free. And when I say "free" I really mean free, not pirated ones.

So, from your comment I understand that there is nothing to do, it I want to have this feature payment is needed (I need it not for one machine but for several, so a free option is the only one that can be ok)

Many thanks again
As I say installing the latest makemkv may work.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
You can get the keys for free from the MakeMKV forum as it's still officially in beta status, and when the key expires simply revisit their forum for a new key.
Hello all,
is there a way to use is with kodi helix? I always get "Depenndencies not met" can you please help me?
I'm running into the same "Dependencies not met" problem. Looking at the logs, it's because makemkv requires xmbc.python 1.0, which Kodi no longer supports.

This means the makemkv plugin is not supported on Kodi until it (the plugin) gets updated

Quote:1:56:15 T:139958932481984 DEBUG: Addon plugin.makemkvbluray requires xbmc.python version 1.0 which is not available
Have you tried editing addon.xml?
Why even use this method when you can do http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=173474
(2015-01-26, 20:19)temp Wrote: Hello all,
is there a way to use is with kodi helix? I always get "Depenndencies not met" can you please help me?
Yes, it works with Helix. I use the plugin version 1.1.2 from X-DARK. Remember to use it with the current license key from mkv forum.
KODI 20 - LibreELEC 11

Intel NUC 4250U (Haswell) in Abel H2 chassis, Philips 55OLED804
Edit: meanwhile someone pointed me at the post on pg 36 regarding a helix version:

https://github.com/X-dark/plugin.makemkv.../1.1.3.zip

Could someone put that on page 1, the wiki, the src README, officially incorporate it into kodi or so?
Kodi can do all sorts of things but each time I'm after non-builtin features I'm on a wild goose hunt of unknown lenght.
If the link was in the middle of the thread or I had started reading through it like I did from pg1 you have to read dozens of forum pages to find a specific information.
Hello. I'm trying to play bluray discs with a bluray external player attached to my raspberry pi. Tried everything I could and still nothing. Can anyone help me with that?
(2015-09-29, 15:39)ayrton_2510 Wrote: Hello. I'm trying to play bluray discs with a bluray external player attached to my raspberry pi. Tried everything I could and still nothing. Can anyone help me with that?

Same for me. I am very much a Kodi noob, is there any repository Add-on I can install to make this a 1 click solution? I have not tried the steps in the first post yet, because quite honestly I do not know how to follow those steps with the RPi2. I am running OSMC from a Noobs card, and have not yet found a way to browse the web on my Pi using Kodi.

Any / all help is appreciated!
Guys makemkv does not work on rpi. Your best solution is to run makemkv on another computer to rip your blurays to mkv and then just play them from disk.
Hi Nick, thanks for the reply. I'll clarify to say that I just want to be able to play blu-ray discs on my RPi2. Not necessarily with MakeMKV. I have read that others have been able to so, but they do not document how, and are unwilling to answer direct messages.
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO playback Blu-ray Disc in XBMC for Linux with MakeMKV (Plugin Addon)15