Library Views in File Mode
So I have all my movies loaded into the library, and it's awesome. However, I have my movies organized in a very specific folder structure that I prefer to browse over using the library (Group sequels together, etc). Unfortunately, the slick library views do not appear to be available in the File Mode.

Any way I can copy-paste the XML to make them work?

(Example: Media Info 2 as a file mode view, with the library info displayed)
Not possible, but grouped movies are currently possible, I group my Star Wars, Indiana Jones, etc movies together already using it.
You can set the sort order for each movie so sequels are sorted correctly, e.g. Batman begins/the dark knight (sort order for dark knight is set as batman begins 2) or the alien movies.

You can also add movies to movie sets. This adds a single folder entry in place of all the movies. You go into the folder to see all the movies in that set. I've put all the James bond films in a set so they don't clutter up the library view.

Both these approaches are available by editing each movie's .nfo file, or (the easier way) using media companion.
I currently don't use nfo's, I am trying to keep my server as clean as possible, allowing XBMC to handle all the data. I assume I can use just a few nfo's for my specific clustered movies? Can you link to a tutorial about the movie sets? That sounds like a pretty good solution!

Thanks!
Tim. Wrote:I currently don't use nfo's, I am trying to keep my server as clean as possible, allowing XBMC to handle all the data. I assume I can use just a few nfo's for my specific clustered movies? Can you link to a tutorial about the movie sets? That sounds like a pretty good solution!

Thanks!
you can go to the individual movies (in library)and go into the context menu and and change the name

Like,
The Fast and the Furious
The Fast and the Furious 2: 2 Fast 2 Furious
The Fast and the Furious 3: Tokyo Drift
The Fast and the Furious 4: Fast and Furious

You just have to do that, after that you can use the program here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=59800

with it in the options menu, you can backup all the information as .nfo files automatically. It also backs up the Posters as .tbn files and exports the Fanart, this way you can redo your entire MOVIE database offline
isamu.dragon Wrote:you can go to the individual movies (in library)and go into the context menu and and change the name

Like,
The Fast and the Furious
The Fast and the Furious 2: 2 Fast 2 Furious
The Fast and the Furious 3: Tokyo Drift
The Fast and the Furious 4: Fast and Furious

You just have to do that, after that you can use the program here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=59800

with it in the options menu, you can backup all the information as .nfo files automatically. It also backs up the Posters as .tbn files and exports the Fanart, this way you can redo your entire MOVIE database offline

If I do that then the names will include the edits. My goal is to have everything organized without changing the names viewed in XBMC.

If I misunderstood please let me know!

aphillippe Wrote:You can set the sort order for each movie so sequels are sorted correctly, e.g. Batman begins/the dark knight (sort order for dark knight is set as batman begins 2) or the alien movies.

You can also add movies to movie sets. This adds a single folder entry in place of all the movies. You go into the folder to see all the movies in that set. I've put all the James bond films in a set so they don't clutter up the library view.

This seems like something that would be more what im looking for. I do not want to have nfo's and fanart/thumbs saved on my server if possible. I don't mind having a few nfo's for certain titles (eg: Fast and the Furious) but i would prefer to avoid when possible. Do I need nfo's for each of the files in the movie sets? What is the code in the nfo for those 2 options?

Thanks!

EDIT: I love XBMC! Found: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Movie_Sets

Thanks all, this is perfect!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Views in File Mode0