Apple TV1 & Plex thru Dharma
Nollitv Wrote:I recently bought the Apple TV1 as well as the Atv Flash for those add-on and was surprised to learn they are not available.
I'd either ask these ATVFlash guys for the add-ons and/or ask for my money back since what they offer is free anyways...
Let's end this as I'm quite disturbed this has spanned two pages.

Plex is an OSX media center, it is in no way affiliated with XBMC, aside from code shared between some devs.

You will not get that many addons because XBMC is not a social media center, it is designed for playing content from stores and backends. See Boxee for a more social style.
Sam.Nazarko Wrote:Let's end this as I'm quite disturbed this has spanned two pages.

Oh come on Sam, it was fun! Big Grin
Not sure how you are pulling the "xbmc is not a social app" card in regards to ESPN3 content. Sounds like some here are drinking the xbmc koolaid a little too much. There are some great "add-ons" for the other media player that was forked from xbmc (and I'm not referring to boxee). It would be nice to have ESPN3, MTV, CNN, etc add-ons in xbmc. I've used both Plex and XBMC, and currently XBMC is my primary player because of its more open hardware choices (atv, win, mac) and there are some nice things in XBMC, but Plex in my personal opinion has come a long way and is a nicer experience that xbmc is. There are some things I prefer that Plex has that are not as polished in xbmc -- (plex media server architecture, multiple libraries without fiddling with "smart playlists", native TVTunes, to name a few) When I hear devs and hardcore xbmc'ers on here pretending Plex doesn't exist, and that it is some kind of bastard step-child to xbmc, it gets under my skin a bit. That's all..
Nollitv Wrote:I got ATV Flash because I wanted XBMC and Boxee, with the hope of having MTV, CNN, ESPN3. How I could add these to XBMC?

If you are talking about streaming video from the Internet have you tried this http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO_play_internet_video_and_audio_streams
?

Nollitv Wrote:Also, I have a 100inches 16:9 screen as well as an AV stereo and projector that convert my Apple TV to 1080p. However, the XBMC screen interface does not fit perfectly...some bleeding at the top and bottom...not much.
what can I do to resolve this?

Did you try screen adjustment from the Settings menu? (sorry don't remember the exact name and path but this is usually the first thing after installing XBMC on ATV that I would do)
Backend: Windows 7 file share + MySql on wired 1GB
Frontend 1: ATV OSX 3.02 w/CHD 012 + XBMC Dharma 10.0 + CHD r174 on wired FE
Frontend 2: Intel Atom 330/2Gb/ATI HD4350 + Windows 7 + XBMC Dharma 10.0 with DXVA + MySql DB on wired 1GB
deltazulu Wrote:When I hear devs and hardcore xbmc'ers on here pretending Plex doesn't exist, and that it is some kind of bastard step-child to xbmc, it gets under my skin a bit. That's all..

Of course Plex exists, don't you worry. However this is an XBMC forum and there is no need to spam it with Plex discussion. The original author after all asked questions about XBMC features.

Also why is it always like this: everybody likes to "borrow" the code from XBMC since it's an open source and very little contribute back? If you like some Plex features ask them to contribute those back to XBMC... I am pretty sure what the response will be.
Backend: Windows 7 file share + MySql on wired 1GB
Frontend 1: ATV OSX 3.02 w/CHD 012 + XBMC Dharma 10.0 + CHD r174 on wired FE
Frontend 2: Intel Atom 330/2Gb/ATI HD4350 + Windows 7 + XBMC Dharma 10.0 with DXVA + MySql DB on wired 1GB
deltazulu Wrote:Not sure how you are pulling the "xbmc is not a social app" card in regards to ESPN3 content. Sounds like some here are drinking the xbmc koolaid a little too much. There are some great "add-ons" for the other media player that was forked from xbmc (and I'm not referring to boxee). It would be nice to have ESPN3, MTV, CNN, etc add-ons in xbmc. I've used both Plex and XBMC, and currently XBMC is my primary player because of its more open hardware choices (atv, win, mac) and there are some nice things in XBMC, but Plex in my personal opinion has come a long way and is a nicer experience that xbmc is. There are some things I prefer that Plex has that are not as polished in xbmc -- (plex media server architecture, multiple libraries without fiddling with "smart playlists", native TVTunes, to name a few) When I hear devs and hardcore xbmc'ers on here pretending Plex doesn't exist, and that it is some kind of bastard step-child to xbmc, it gets under my skin a bit. That's all..

Muuummm, xbmc koolaid is good. I do like the flavor.

Plex? what's that?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV1 & Plex thru Dharma0