How to add Eject Disc
I have searched for the ability to Eject the Disc from the main menu (for over a year) and haven't found the answer. I was tired of hearing my wife complain about our almost perfect XBMC Media Center so after doing a little research on the pieces that would make this work I decided to hack the Aeon skin to do just this.

Of course after I updated the skin files I realized that XBMC "Eject Disc" was a better Google search than XBMC "Eject Disk" and I found an example for another skin that semi-matched mine.

I use this for the Mac Mini since there is no disc eject button on the chassis.

From the Mac Mini-

1) Go to your Aeon skin folder. (Usually ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/skin/Aeon) Everything will be done from this base directory.

2) Edit [AeonSkinFolder]/720p/Includes_MainMenu.xml.

3) Add the following after the Play Disc menu item:

<item id="14">
<description>Eject DVD</description>
<label>31022</label>
<onclick>XBMC.EjectTray()</onclick>
<visible>System.HasMediadvd</visible>
</item>

4) Edit [AeonSkinFolder]/language/[YourLanguage]/strings.xml.

5) Add the following after the Play Disc string in the <!-- Main Menu --> section.

<string id="31022">EJECT DISC</string>

This works wonderful for me and while I'd like to say our XBMC is perfect there is a new complaint... you can't play Netflix online movies from XBMC. I'll never win.
I also have a Mac Mini and have done a similar thing, except I've added my "Eject" option as a submenu off the "Play Disc" main menu item that appears when a DVD/CD is inserted.

Quick question semi-related to the topic :o for a fellow Mac user...

Sometimes, however, the disc refuses to eject on the first try and a have to select the Eject option again. Do you get this on your system as well? (I'm assuming its something to do with OSX locking the disc and so the eject command is ignored and therefore you can't really do anything about it in XBMC).
I don't have this problem, with the Aeon skin the disk appears to stop playing when I go to the menu so it may no longer be locked at that point.

I don't have anything else loaded on my Mac Mini that might be locking the disc... we use the mini(s) only for the XBMC Media Center and Netflix.
Thanks for the reply. My code looks pretty much the same as yours. Perhaps I'll investigate further, though TBH I'm not sure its worth worrying about that much! Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to add Eject Disc0