[AppleTV] Remote control menus not working after upgrade Apple TV to XBMC 9.11
blahblahblah Wrote:Maestro DD,

I have the same problem, console.log attached. Thanks for looking into this. Much appreciated. Let me know if you need anything else.

finally! Thanks mate!

What Launcher and ATV version are you running?
Was that all in console.log? Think a new run should start with something like "xxx xx:xx Finder[179] [DEBUG] +[XBMCAppliance initialize]"

Thanks,
mdd

p.s.: Just to mention it: It keeps the threads cleaner, if the logs are pastebin'ed and just linked here.

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
MaestroDD,

MaestroDD Wrote:finally! Thanks mate!

What Launcher and ATV version are you running?
Was that all in console.log? Think a new run should start with something like "xxx xx:xx Finder[179] [DEBUG] +[XBMCAppliance initialize]"

Thanks,
mdd

p.s.: Just to mention it: It keeps the threads cleaner, if the logs are pastebin'ed and just linked here.

ATV version: 2.1
Launcher version: 3.2.2
XBMC: 9.11
Complete log: http://pastebin.com/m2d78bd8e

And THANK YOU!

HJS
Hi HJS,

blahblahblah Wrote:ATV version: 2.1
Launcher version: 3.2.2
XBMC: 9.11
Complete log: http://pastebin.com/m2d78bd8e

Thanks for the update.
reading the sourcecode again for what the problem might be, I found this:
Code:
case 65668:  // hold play  (THIS EVENT IS ONLY PRESENT ON ATV >= 2.2)
which rang some bells Smile
Unfortunately on ATVs < 2.2, I've found no way to intercept the "Sleep command", which is "Play Hold" :/ So holding the Play button will send the ATV into Sleep, no matter what it's currently doing.

That's the reason context menu was mapped to "Menu Hold" before, and I'd suggest just that as a workaround or updating the ATV to something >= 2.2.

sorry for the confusion,
mdd

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
MaestroDD

I want to take this opportunity to Thank you and all the XBMC Team for putting out a great product. I used the windows atv-win usb creator running on apple atv 3.01 and everything looks awesome. it fixed my menus and it also works great. Thank You again for all the hard work, you guys make appletv really really good.

a12v13
I'm running Launcher 3.22 and the latest nightly build and I also have the problem where holding down the 'play' button on my Apple Remote doesn't work. My AppleTV OS is still back at 2.1 or 2.2, don't recall it's been so long since I upgraded that (but 'play'-hold used to work for me under XBMC 8.x...)

Editing the file:
/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/system/keymaps/joystick.AppleRemote.xml

has worked for me though - I just map the OSD to holding 'Menu'. This works, and is an acceptable work-around to me as I never have much of a desire to exit Fullscreen and keep a video playing in the background of the XBMC UI. If I want to do something in the XBMC UI, i will pause/stop the video first.

Here's my mappings in case anyone is interested:

<FullscreenVideo>
<joystick name="AppleRemote">
<button id="1">BigStepForward</button>
<button id="2">BigStepBack</button>
<button id="3">StepBack</button>
<button id="4">StepForward</button>
<button id="5">Pause</button><!-- play button -->
<button id="6">Stop</button><!-- menu button -->
<button id="7">OSD</button><!-- hold play (doesn't work) -->
<button id="8">OSD</button><!-- hold menu (works) -->
<button id="9">Rewind</button>
<button id="10">FastForward</button>
</joystick>
</FullscreenVideo>

Also - as personally I never adjust the volume via up/down, I've mapped these to BigStepForward and BigStepBack, as I find the regular StepBack and StepForward steps are often too small.
Read this thread (particularly the last few posts) and see if what he did works for you. Instead of OSD he used ActiveWindow
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=66974&page=4
Star 
Thanks for the tip, but replacing:
<button id="7">OSD</button>

with:
<button id="7">XBMC.ActivateWindow(VideoOSD)</button>

but it didn't make any difference. XBMC actually seems to crash if I hold down 'play' for too long.

Mapping "OSD" to another key does work, so it does appear to be a problem with how the holding of the play button is detected - as per MaestroDD's earlier comments (I checked, I'm still on 2.1). I was sure it used to work in XBMC 8.10 that's all - I only upgraded this week to get crystalHD support. Maybe I'm mistaken. I'll run with the modified keymap file for now.
gen0 Wrote:Here's my mappings in case anyone is interested:

<FullscreenVideo>
<joystick name="AppleRemote">
<button id="1">BigStepForward</button>
<button id="2">BigStepBack</button>
<button id="3">StepBack</button>
<button id="4">StepForward</button>
<button id="5">Pause</button><!-- play button -->
<button id="6">Stop</button><!-- menu button -->
<button id="7">OSD</button><!-- hold play (doesn't work) -->
<button id="8">OSD</button><!-- hold menu (works) -->
<button id="9">Rewind</button>
<button id="10">FastForward</button>
</joystick>
</FullscreenVideo>

Thanks, I am in the same boat you were. Added that button id 8 and it works with the menu button hold.

I was banging my head against the wall for updating, which I usually dont do unless there's a big functionality add...this event just solidifies that for me.

Didnt want to have to restore the atv's update ability, updated to current fw, build a new windows patchstick, re-setup settings and re-disable update ability, just to get a menu back thats always been there

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Remote control menus not working after upgrade Apple TV to XBMC 9.111