Problems building XBMC
hello,

i have the following errors when building xbmc:

xbmc error lnk2019: unresolved external symbol "public: thiscall capplication::initialize(void)" (?initialize@capplication@@uaejxz)
xbmc error lnk2019: unresolved external symbol "public: bool thiscall capplication::initialize(void)" (?initialize@capplication@@uaejxz)
xbmc fatal error lnk1120: 2 unresolved externals

can anyone point me in the right direction as to what to change in the code?  am i missing a dependency somewhere?

also, i had an error in ac97directsound.cpp that i overcame by forcing the getdelay return value to a float of 0.028.   "return float(0.128)"

any help would be appreciated.  thanks in advance...
hmmm, that's weird
are you sure you got all the latest cvs files?
if so if application.cpp is added to the project files
if not, add it and try again
frodo
XBMC Project Founder (Retired), now head programmer of MediaPortal
actually, i have overcome those errors. setting the project dependencies under the project menu has gotten me around that. however, now i'm getting some imagebld warnings:

imagebld : warning im1029: library xonline is unapproved
imagebld : warning im1030: this image may not be accepted for certification

i assume the im1030 isn't a problem as it probably has something to do with signing. what is the xonline library and is it something i should worry about?

thanks frodo...

rebuild all: 2 succeeded, 0 failed, 2 skipped
so i've got all the necessary files on my xbox. however, the controller isn't working once xbmc is launched. what could be amiss here? i also notice a spinning pumpkin in the upper-right of the screen. sorry for my newbieness, i'd just like to get the daily cvs updates built and working 100% on my xbox. i would like to also contribute somehow with the project in the future. you guys have created a truly amazing app for the xbizzle.

thanks for your help and for a killer app!
if the controller isnt working then you're probably not using the latest xdk (5788)
try the l8test xdk and it should work.

you can also try replacing the files in
guilib/common and
xbmc/lib/common

with the ones of your xdk:
xdk/samples/xbox/common/src &
xdk/samples/xbox/common/include
files to guilib/

and try deleting the settings

frodo
XBMC Project Founder (Retired), now head programmer of MediaPortal

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help