[AppleTV] Stacked DVD Listing Reload
Question 
As a winter project I converted my entire DVD collection to a digital collection on a 4 bay Drobo attached to my workstation. This setup worked fantastic on the AppleTV with XBMC installed until recently. I "upgraded" to version 9.11 and was pleased to see the new interface however as soon as I go to the listing of DVDs the system appears to freeze. It turns out it doesn't actually freeze it just takes about 20 minutes to load the listing.

The listing is about 400 DVDs in a MovieName\VIDEO_TS directory structure each with a folder.jpg for the cover art. There are no .nfo files for any of the movie folders.

I have traced the issue to the "stacked" setting in the listing. If I disable that setting the list loads in about 30 seconds (about the same amount of time it took in Atlantis). I switch it to stacked and the time goes up to 20 minutes. At first I thought it was an initial cache of the directory but that's not the case. Each time I load the list the same 20 or so minutes goes by.

I connected via SMB to a shared folder. As I said above it worked 100% fine under the previous Atlantis release and its only under the new 9.11 does the problem exist.

Has something in how these folders are treated between the previous version of XBMC and the latest? Do I need to turn on/off something in the settings area?
Shayne Wrote:As a winter project I converted my entire DVD collection to a digital collection on a 4 bay Drobo attached to my workstation. This setup worked fantastic on the AppleTV with XBMC installed until recently. I "upgraded" to version 9.11 and was pleased to see the new interface however as soon as I go to the listing of DVDs the system appears to freeze. It turns out it doesn't actually freeze it just takes about 20 minutes to load the listing.

The listing is about 400 DVDs in a MovieName\VIDEO_TS directory structure each with a folder.jpg for the cover art. There are no .nfo files for any of the movie folders.

I have traced the issue to the "stacked" setting in the listing. If I disable that setting the list loads in about 30 seconds (about the same amount of time it took in Atlantis). I switch it to stacked and the time goes up to 20 minutes. At first I thought it was an initial cache of the directory but that's not the case. Each time I load the list the same 20 or so minutes goes by.

I connected via SMB to a shared folder. As I said above it worked 100% fine under the previous Atlantis release and its only under the new 9.11 does the problem exist.

Has something in how these folders are treated between the previous version of XBMC and the latest? Do I need to turn on/off something in the settings area?

add your Drobo to /etc/hosts and see if that helps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Stacked DVD Listing Reload0