The big audio collection problem...
I have a rather huge mp3 collection. Roughly 150GB counting 20,000 files devided in (1) artist albums (like queen), (2) various albums (like hedkandi compilations) and a (3) lot of single tracks (which do not are on a album).

Before xbmc, I had this music organised in MediaMonkey. Where group 1 had the same "album artist" on each album, the 'normal' artist contains also the ft., vs. or pres. artist. Group 2 had "various" as album artist and the artist field had the real artist (with ft. etc.). Group 3 had "various artist" as album artist and the real artist (with ft. etc) in the artist tag. This group has no album name.

Browsing through xbmc is a real pain. For instance, Tiësto has a lot of feature arists... so he lists 15 times in the artist list, also breaking up his albums because each track features someone else!

Can't I browse xbmc by Album Artist?
I rather don't alter my tags (would be a huge task also), cause I also like to have the MediaMonkey settings there, and unfortunately I have to use iTunes for my iPhone...
Does anybody have any idea to manage my music in xbmc a little better?
I think you can.I'm a bit of a noob with XBMC. Have a look here http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Music_Library
Putting "featured artists" in the track artist field is considered "incorrect" by most tagging standards (see online music databases such as Musicbrainz.org). The only relevant option in XBMC is the "Include artists who appear only on compilations" option in Settings > Music > Library. Without knowing more about how you have tagged your music, its not clear if this would help you though.
Catchy Signature Here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The big audio collection problem...0