Frustrating Screen Flicker
*Edit*
------
It looks like the screen flicker only occurs in the XBMC UI...NOT during video playback.
-------

I have searched the forums and can't find anyone else with this problem. Very strange...I *was* running an older version of XBMC, around 9.04 I believe, and I didn't have the screen flicker problem in the past...until today.

So maybe it is the result of an Apple update? I am at Mac OS 10.5.8. Anyone else having this problem on a Macbook Pro?

I have been using my Apple TV mostly, but decided to get the Macbook Pro library up to date today. I noticed the screen flicker (or more like really flipping out) badly, so I decided to get the latest version of 9.11...just downloaded it today.

However, the very bad screen flicker still persists. This is not during video playback. This is with the XBMC UI. Whether I am in full screen or windowed mode, it is the same. Initially, it may be okay until a few minutes into my XBMC session and seems to get progressively worse.

The other strange thing is that it can lock up randomly....or at least appear to. The entire Mac OS GUI locks up too. No Cmd+Opt+Esc or anything...however, my mouse appears to be alive...strange. In fact, I say "appears" to be locked up, because I can still access my laptop's file shares and can even SSH into the machine when it is "locked up". The only way to get back to normal after that is to hold down the power button and start over. I even tried "shutdown -r now" from a SSH session to no avail.

I'm sorry for the lengthy post. I have not posted on this forum much, but I seem to have exhausted all means. *Anyone* share even part of my problems described here?

I can turn on debug logging if that would help...I'm just not sure at what points to log. Shall I just run until it "locks up"??

I hope someone can help. Thanks for reading!

sking

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frustrating Screen Flicker0