Resize "Windowed" Mode
pumkinut Wrote:Not to make light of the issues, but if this problem is somehow related to the way a touchscreen operates, not saying it is, but if that's the case, then those without a touchscreen cannot solve the problem for those with one.

If the guisettings.xml files keep getting overwritten across a reboot, try setting them to read-only, e.g. chmod 555 guisettings.xml. It's not an elegant fix, but it might work.

sorry if that sounded venomous, was not my intention, just frustrated is all...

from what i have been able to read up on, it's pretty much universal with touchscreens and xbmc, has to do with the interpretation of SDLMouse with xbmc and the OS, in a nutshell... rather then do like some people and recompile SDL with code adjustments etc. i'm just trying to find a quick and simple solution to fix it on the linux/live distro.

since the touchscreen works fine when xbmc is in a windowed mode, and people are having problems getting windowed maximized in live... i thing maximus, if configured and working properly, might be the solution for a quick fix... perfect for me, since i'm horrible at coding :p

but i'll have to try that chmod on the xml file and see if that works
My MSI-wind AE1900 had a similar problem under Ubuntu. I now run xbmc in standalone mode, running in a window, but at full width*height

You can override the windowed resolution with the advancedsettings.xml file. Add the following to ~/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<window>
  <width>WIDTH</width>
  <height>HEIGHT</height>
</window>
</advancedsettings>

substitute WIDTH and HEIGHT for your resolution.
Try backslash "\"
(2016-05-10, 03:33)texasmayne Wrote: Try backslash "\"

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH THIS WORKED FOR ME Smile
P.S i registered on this website just to say thank you

have a good one
Wink 
Easy, very easy. Jejeje. In win10, Just Window Button and arrow left, Divide desktop.

When you divide your desktop you can pick the corner of the window kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resize "Windowed" Mode1