Optimising GUI performance on ASRock330
I recently got an ASRock 330 Pro and am replacing my original Xbox with it running XBMC. I am running Ubuntu 9.10 and the latest SVN from the XBMC PPA, along with the 195.30 nVidia drivers with no major issues. I am using the Aeon Phil65 skin and it runs adequately but I am looking around for any way that I can improve the responsiveness of the GUI. I am using multiple backdrop images, all of which have been converted to BMP from JPG and scaled down from 1080 to 720 which has helped the home screen noticeably. Now I am trying to find ways to improve scrolling speed and responsiveness in browsing TV shows and movies. I have scaled all my posters and fanart down to about 540 but they are all still in JPG format. I also set the thumbsize in the advancedsettings.xml file down to 256 but I can't really tell if this helps or even really does anything. I have read the thread on DDS compression for fanart in the General Discussion section of the forum but haven't really found any good examples of many people using it. The last post in that thread is from an ASRock Ion 330 user who says it helps significantly but there is not much more information in that thread. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get the GUI to be a bit more snappy, short of changing the skin?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Optimising GUI performance on ASRock3300