ATV: Seek while streaming from UPNP server
Sometimes when I watch a movie the movie all of a sudden stops playing, maybe it's because of buffering issues or whatever, but the problem is that when I try to watch the movie again - it asks if I want to continue watching from (say 5:13).

I press Ok and the movie starts from scratch rather than continuing from where it left of, is there a way to seek to a specific time in a movie with the Apple TV remote?

Appreciate any help, I'm btw using PS3 Media Server for the UPNP streaming, on other platforms seeking works fine, so I assume this is a XBMC rather than an issue with the UPNP server.
Debug log is required.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Sorry about that, here is the log file from when I started watching the file until I finally gave up.
http://www.filedump.net/dumped/debug1263859927.txt
By the looks of it you are streaming from a server that doesn't allow seeking in files. And things go abit wild when we try.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

I don't believe that is right, like I said seeking works perfectly with other media clients, such as my Bravia and the PS3 itself (which the software originally was developed for), I can see why you think the software is relevant, but basically it's just like any other UPNP server giving a supported stream to the client in question, in this case it's just feeding the files as is without transcoding, since atv/xbmc supports the codecs already.

If you are looking at the logfile where you see a bunch of seeking errors, I think they come from pressing the forward/backward button on the ATV remote without bringing up the advanced menu, since I can seek forward 4x 8x etc with the remote as long as the advanced menu is up, but as soon as it gets to the end of the cache the file drops, and I'm unable to pick it up from where I left of.

I've also seen others in this forum post bug reports about forward/backward seeking is not working in 9.11 without bringing up the advanced menu.
pressing left/right up down is very different from FF/RW it's a skip operation compared to a fast forward/rewind.

If seeking in the file isn't working, Rewind should not be working either. Try that on the PS3 or Bravia.

Rewind/Fast forward works when bringing up the menu in XBMC (by holding Play button). Both functions works on the PS3 (Fast forward, and the "go to" function when pressing the option button on PS3).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV: Seek while streaming from UPNP server0