Asus EeeBox EB1012/EB1501
Just thought I'd give a heads-up for anyone who might need this information:

I tore down my EB1012 tonight with the intention of removing the wireless card and installing a Broadcom Crystal HD. Disassembly was tough enough, but when I finally got to the card I discover that it's a half-height MiniPCI card. There's no room for a full height MiniPCI like the Broadcom Crystal HD to fit!

So everyone beware: don't go through the agony and uncertainty of a full teardown, risking breaking your precious plastic tabs, only to discover that your time and effort are wasted. The EB1501 is basically the same model, only with an optical drive, and since the placement of the wireless antenna is identical in both models, I imagine it suffers from the same limitation.

Next up: XBMC live. I really want my uncompressed Blu-Ray rips to play cleanly.
I'm not sure about your problem. VDPAU is there as an option for both machines. No need for Broadcom chip. So use Linux :o)
Yeah, I have about 10% cpu usage when watching 1080p trailers under linux / xbmc.
@tombstone - Was it difficult to remove the antenna? I tried on my EB1012 but it didn't come loose easily and I was afraid to break it.

Did you take any pictures while you had it open?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asus EeeBox EB1012/EB15010