Please help with AS Rock ION 330 HTBD Set Up
Absolute newcomer to the world of HTPC's and XBMC but hold so much hope for it all that any help that can be offered in guiding me and, no doubt others like me, to an ideal set up would be very much appreciated.

Having browsed any number of forums here and elsewhere I've found the overflow of tweaks, tips and amendments to said tips and tweaks too overwhelming to even know where to start.

MY GOAL: Run XBMC, Boxee, Myth TV on Linux - from what I understand, Linux offers the best build for performance etc with hardware acceleration etc etc.

However, as I have the Blu Ray drive, I'd also like to be able to play Blu Ray discs on the same system - from what I understand, this cannot happen in a Linux environment and so a windows 7 OS is also needed.

Ideally - it boots into XBMC or Boxee (not sure on the preferred yet) 98% of the time, but when I drop a Blu Ray disc into the slot, booting into Windows and Power DVD9, or Win DVD is swift and easy.

Can all this be done? If so, how?

Treat me as a complete fool if you can - I've been 100% in the Mac world for 12 years and have limited knowledge of windows let alone linux but thats not to say that I'm not technologically minded. I just need a solid set of instructions to build on. I know it's a lot to ask but I think the guide would be supremely useful to many.

Good starting point might be:

1) Can I set up a DUAL BOOT environment with both Linux and Windows 7 on the same system? If so, which do I install first? how should I partition? etc etc

go from there if you can:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please help with AS Rock ION 330 HTBD Set Up0