Display not sleeping in Fullscreen mode
Hey guys,

Running 9.11 on a Server 2003 (well WHS actually, but it's pretty much 2003!) and I'm having some issues with the 'Put display to sleep when idle' setting.

In fullscreen mode, the screen will go into power saving mode (as predicted) for a while but will wake up shortly after (seconds upto around a minute). I don't get this problem when using the fullscreen-window mode, but I don't really want to use that due to the horizontal tearing problem.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?
Anyone?
I have exactly the same issue!
Im running win XP.

what is making it wake up again??
I am still having the same issue.
The option "Put display to sleep" is set to 5 minutes. After 5 minutes the screen does go to sleep for approximately 30 seconds but then wakes up again. It does not sleep again after that (unless i restart xbmc).

I am using windows XP
ATI raedon x1200 display with latest drivers
dharma beta1 (i had the same problem with all previous versions)
Putting the display to sleep works fine in windows when xbmc is not running.

This log is from starting up XBMC, waiting for the display to go to sleep and then wake up again:

http://pastebin.com/Fvv5CwzV

Thanks for any help!
Strange, the same issue also appears here on two totally different configs Oo:
- HP d530 w/ geforce mx440, XPSP3, XBMC 9.11
- Custom Atom+ION, Win7 32 bit, XBMC Dharma beta 2

The display goes to sleep but after a few minutes it comes back and the screensaver never kicks in after that (not even the normal "black" which I am using). All windows power management options are disabled (does not make a difference if they are enabled, though).

Fullscreen window is not an option for me, because the poor single-core Atom is not capable to render the XBMC GUI at 50 fps when not in real fullscreen mode. Laugh

Otherwise XBMC rocks and with DXVA2 support now it rocks on Windows, too. Wink
I have the same problem here.

Ubuntu 10.10 and Ubuntu 10.04.
Both have the same results.

I even tried to let the screen go off with a python script but it always comes back on.

Works fine when xbmc is not running
xset dpms force off

when added to autoexec.py

import urllib
import socket
import re
import xbmcgui
import xbmc
from os import *
from urllib2 import *
from time import sleep

keeponrunnin = True
while keeponrunnin:
sleep(30)
t = xbmc.getGlobalIdleTime()

if t >= 30:
system('xset dpms force off')

Just turns back on,
so if we are all experiencing the same thing with different OSs and video cards that probably means this is an issue with XBMC rather than video drivers or something else right?
It must be something that XBMC is doing to trigger the wakeup.
As when it is not running the screen stays off.

Same in linux and windows.
Works for me ™. Please upgrade to Dharma Beta3 and report back.

EDIT: Running XBMC for Linux (Ubuntu 10.10, 2.6.35-22-generic x86_64)
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Both linux boxes are running 10.0-beta3 r34731 Oct 14 2010
Both have the same results.

The screen just wakes up again.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...xprintidle
It seems like reported in the post above that xbmc is doing something that disturbs the idle time.
I replied to the other post, with a workaround.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=670209
SDL_VIDEO_ALLOW_SCREENSAVER

where does one change this? I couldn't find this in any config file.

I'm running windowsXP and dharma. I use my android phone to send a monitor off event using Eventghost and it works fine when not running XBMC, but not with it running. Basically same problem described above. I'd love to get this issue resolved so I don't have to run back to the screen to turn the monitor off Big Grin Thanks for any info

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Display not sleeping in Fullscreen mode0