New Wiki Page on Ubuntu Suspend / Wake
With the ongoing reports of suspend not working properly on XBMC, I took the liberty of writing a wiki page that collects all the fixes and has additional advice on remote suspend / wake usage. I went for a couple of months powering up and shutting down before I finally nailed suspend & wake.

XBMC Wiki - Ubuntu Suspend / Wake
Great job Smile
pashdown Wrote:With the ongoing reports of suspend not working properly on XBMC, I took the liberty of writing a wiki page that collects all the fixes and has additional advice on remote suspend / wake usage. I went for a couple of months powering up and shutting down before I finally nailed suspend & wake.

XBMC Wiki - Ubuntu Suspend / Wake

Thanks
My remote now works after suspend Smile

should this also get my case button working as a suspend button? As all the case button will do from with in xbmc is shut down (no matter what the shut-down function setting is set to)

on another note a small typo on your wiki page "Edit /etc/Policykit/PolicyKit.conf" the first k needs to be upper-case
Bagger Wrote:on another note a small typo on your wiki page "Edit /etc/Policykit/PolicyKit.conf" the first k needs to be upper-case

Thanks, I've fixed this.
Thanks much

Option 2, 3 and 4 worked for me

2. Edit /etc/PolicyKit/PolicyKit.conf
3. Add Custom Actions to PolicyKit
4. Disable Usbcore Autosuspend
Nice work!

Although generally just allowing everything from xbmc with policykit is abit bad, I'd suggest you remove that part and just give the permissions needed instead.

XBMC Live does that and you may check out the configs for it.

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
It doesn't works on my AppleTV with Ubuntu 8.04, apt-get can't find policykit-1 adn devicekit-power

BR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Wiki Page on Ubuntu Suspend / Wake0