[WINDOWS] Reinstalling problem (portable vs userhome)?
Hi,

Using windows 7 x64 and camelot and the latest SVN update on top of that.

I had orginally installed XBMC to put my user data in my home/roaming directory. I then changed my mind and uninstalled xbmc choosing to remove all personal data as well.

I then installed XMBC again and selected the portable format wanting to keep all user data in the installation folder on another drive.

It wasnt until i started trying to use my advancedsettings.xml file that i found out launching xbmc was still using the home/roaming folder and would recreate it if it was deleted.

I am assuming some registry settings were not removed and somehow its still pointing to the home folder.

Any way to fix this?

Thanks.
you need to add -p to your xbmc shortcut to enable portable mode.
Looks like the installer did add the -p flag to the shortcut for me. I dont know why the user XBMC folder keeps getting created in the roaming folder.

also another pc was installed with portable mode option and it works fine.

must be something with history of installs messing it up. will try to see if i can find anything in the logs.

does the xbmc uninstaller wipe out all traces of itself, old and new from the registry too? when uninstalling, it asked if i want to remove the profile folder, and it still points to C:\Users\abc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Reinstalling problem (portable vs userhome)?0