Do I need to recan library when change to Aeon Skin.
I moved from confluence to Aeon. It doesn't look right as the movie / tv thumbs etc don't really 'fit' with the skin. The appear to be sqeezed out of shape.

Would it improve it if I re scanned my library in Aeon, or it would make no difference?

Cheers.
that would not make any difference, I think you need banners rather than posters / fanart. but I don't use Aeon anymore, so you may need to wait for somebody to come along to advise you further. Smile
It won't make any difference, as Aeon only grabs the first available poster for TV Shows, which are usually banners. I go through my TV Shows manually, click "I" for Info, and "Get Thumbs" for each one. It will bring up a list of all of the thumbs, and you can scroll through them - poster sized thumbs are usually nearer to the bottom of the list.

If ANYONE creates a mod that can ignore 'banner' thumbs in favour of 'poster' thumbs, that would be a significant and appreciated solution!
DurhamDev Wrote:It won't make any difference, as Aeon only grabs the first available poster for TV Shows, which are usually banners. I go through my TV Shows manually, click "I" for Info, and "Get Thumbs" for each one. It will bring up a list of all of the thumbs, and you can scroll through them - poster sized thumbs are usually nearer to the bottom of the list.

If ANYONE creates a mod that can ignore 'banner' thumbs in favour of 'poster' thumbs, that would be a significant and appreciated solution!

I never get banners when I scan in my TV shows. I just check the "Prefer Posters" option in the Settings menu inside Set Content menu on my tv shows.
---MoldySpore
[CPU] Intel Core i5-4690K @ 3.5Ghz
[Memory] 8GB DDR3 1600
[Video] AMD Radeon 6870 1GB GDDR5
[HDTV] Samsung 60" LED Smart TV UN60H7150 3D HDTV

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit || Current Skin of Choice: Aeon MQ 7 || Current Kodi Version: 16.1
MoldySpore Wrote:I never get banners when I scan in my TV shows. I just check the "Prefer Posters" option in the Settings menu inside Set Content menu on my tv shows.

That is strange - I KNOW I have that setting ticked, and I still have banners appear in the view. I just installed a new 1TB HD (yay, me) and am in the midst of transferring all of my media to it - maybe I'll do a clean install too, and rescan everything from scratch.
DurhamDev Wrote:That is strange - I KNOW I have that setting ticked, and I still have banners appear in the view. I just installed a new 1TB HD (yay, me) and am in the midst of transferring all of my media to it - maybe I'll do a clean install too, and rescan everything from scratch.

Also, change your default tv scraper to TheTVDB.com if it isn't already set there. They are by far the best.

Any then scan in with a banner, you can go to TheTVDB and check them out. When I get a banner (which is VERY rare) it usually means there are NO posters for that show. I will usually then make one myself and upload it. I did it for "Carl's Pissed", an Aqua Teen Hunger Force spin off webisode show. Just gotta make sure it's the right size or the submission doesn't go through.
---MoldySpore
[CPU] Intel Core i5-4690K @ 3.5Ghz
[Memory] 8GB DDR3 1600
[Video] AMD Radeon 6870 1GB GDDR5
[HDTV] Samsung 60" LED Smart TV UN60H7150 3D HDTV

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit || Current Skin of Choice: Aeon MQ 7 || Current Kodi Version: 16.1
MoldySpore Wrote:Also, change your default tv scraper to TheTVDB.com if it isn't already set there. They are by far the best.

Very strange. I had the poster view clicked, and up until now, it never worked for me... However, over the weekend, I bought a 1TB drive, and transferred over all of my other media files to it... ...thus, effectively cleaning out my movie and tv show collection. When I reset, everything is now in Poster View. I'm very, very happy.

Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Do I need to recan library when change to Aeon Skin.0