No picture on HDMI after switching to another source
Here's my issue, and I'm thinking it may or may not be xbmc related, when I switch my HDMI switcher (Monoprice's brand) away from the apple tv, and then switch it back, I have no picture. I have my cable box on one input, atv on one, and the dvd player on the other. Nothing on the atv changes, I just keep it on the main menu, and when I switch back I have no picture, like the atv is not on. Any ideas? Would it be the switcher?
I had the same problem and i had to edit my advancedsettings.xml in the "frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata" directory. From memory I had to add:

<osx_gl_fullscreen>true</osx_gl_fullscreen>

Here is the entire contents of my file

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <skiploopfilter>8</skiploopfilter>
    <osx_gl_fullscreen>true</osx_gl_fullscreen>
<videolibrary>
                <hideallitems>true</hideallitems>
        </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

and that sorted out the problem. Remember to restart when you edit the xml file.

More info here on the advancedsettings.xml
Thanks for the info. I'll try that, but my issue is not related specifically to xbmc. It happens whether I'm in xbmc, in itunes, or on the main atv menu (outside of xbmc). Do you still think that will do it for me?
gifty74 Wrote:Thanks for the info. I'll try that, but my issue is not related specifically to xbmc. It happens whether I'm in xbmc, in itunes, or on the main atv menu (outside of xbmc). Do you still think that will do it for me?

My problem was related to within XBMC so my info may not help. I do know however that had some problems with the monoprice switcher and HDMI cables some worked well some were flakey have you tried different cables?
Haven't tried other cables yet. That's an easy one, I might go do that now. Thinking about it, I doubt the fix above will help in my situation, where the loss of picture after switching to another source happens in the atv os, not just in xbmc.
Did some searching online, and it appears that with some tv's (mine was not mentioned anywhere) and the 3.01 software that when you switch away from the atv, and then back again, there's no picture. It's a bug with the 1080i setting on the atv. Switched it to 720p and voila, picture is back now after switching sources and then back to the atv. Hope this helps some others. I'm sure the next OS updated will have a fix for the 1080i.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No picture on HDMI after switching to another source0