• 222(current)
JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC
I'm looking into increasing the maximum size allowed, into improving the error message and into returning an HTTP 413 error instead of handling the messed up JSON-RPC request.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-12-23, 12:22)Montellese Wrote: I'm looking into increasing the maximum size allowed, into improving the error message and into returning an HTTP 413 error instead of handling the messed up JSON-RPC request.

See PR8677 for a fix that will detect this case and return an HTTP 413 error instead of a JSON-RPC response.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-12-20, 14:24)Tolriq Wrote: @Montellese another small thing :

"PVR.Details.Broadcast": definition says : "runtime": { "type": "integer" }

But it's actually returned as a String. I don't know what side should be fixed Sad

See PR8676.
Thanks for both, will test and report tomorrow for 8677
@Montellese : https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/8015#i...-172313260 in case you missed it, if you agree with those change please confirm them now that you have all information to be sure about impacts.
@Montellse : Since I can't find an upnp thread and here is the best way to be sure you have the message Sad

It seems there's a problem with upnp and multiple network card on Kodi.
The metadata returned by Kodi for albumArtURI only include one path to one IP that is not on the same network as the client asking for the metadata. (From a player point of view)

Code:
<upnp:albumArtURI dlna:profileID="JPEG_TN">http://192.168.42.1:1844/thumb?path=image%3A%2F%2Fxxxxxxxx.jpg%2F</upnp:albumArtURI>

Client ask and talk on 192.168.1.x, the 42 network is VMware virtual interface.

It seems this value is allowed to be multi value, so maybe return all possible ips and let the client choose the correct one as when browsing for res and thumbs and everything.

Or maybe return also the xbmc:thumb and fanart as they seems to correctly be multivalued.
Yeah I've run into the same issue with my media importing work where the URLs of artwork use any of the (virtual) IP addresses available on my computer. When I compare them I always detect that the item has changed because of the different IP addresses even though it's the exact same artwork. Unfortunately this problem is buried pretty deep in the Platinum SDK we use for UPnP functionality and I haven't been able to find a fix for it. But it's been a while since I've looked into it.
Maybe just return multiple "albumArtURI" like you return multiple thumb / fanart or res urls (one for each IP) ?

Reading UPNP spec this field is also valid to return multiple values.

Since currently UPnP server and all fields returns IP it's pretty easy for client to find the res / url on the correct IP.

But with only one value on incorrect IP this means modify the data to try to create the correct one, this is quite ugly Sad
Hey,

Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find a direct answer.

Is there a way to scan a single, new subfolder under a source directory with json-rpc?

For instance if I call VideoLibrary.Scan with directory: //path/to/MovieSource/ it will scan my entire movie library.
If I use directory: //path/to/MovieSource/existingMovie/ it will scan just the specified subfolder that's already in my library.
But if I use directory: //path/to/MovieSource/newMovie, I get the error "VIDEO::CVideoInfoScanner:Tonguerocess directory '//path/to/MovieSource/newMovie' does not exist - skipping scan."

So is it possible to either add the new folder to the source or any other workaround?

Thanks
@Montellese just made a new test about xsp files and Player.Open in latest 16 builds and it seems there's a problem.

The xsp is ultra basic : episodes type no rules, just order by random. Then Player.Open on it.

All seems to work before player level but the player can not load the video logs is full of

Code:
ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [videodb://tvshows/titles/-1/-1/13?xsp=%7b%22order%22%3a%7b%22direction%22%3a%22ascending%22%2c%22ignorefolders%22%3a0%2c%22method%22%3a%22random%22%7d%2c%22type%22%3a%22episodes%22%7d]

I correctly see the media loaded and announced but then directly announce of next episode since the player bug at loading it.

Tested with 17 it's the same. I now remember why I did use the playlist trick for those XSP files, but in that case the sort ordering is lost Sad
What the best approach to create a Control Pad ( up, down, right, left ) that will be used to navigate over the windows, control the player (forward, reward...) and navigate over DVD menus ?
For now I am thinking in request if the player is playing something so I can control the player, but then there are cases where the player it will be playing but the user is navigating over the windows or a DVD menu. Can you guys point me in the right direction ? How to detect that a DVD or BD menu is showing ? By the file ?
Thanks
Event Server is the only solution for the moment.

There's tons of cases, like subtitles plugin, or any specific addon dialog that make this impossible to work at 100% in pure JSON.
@claymic, you can start with getting the "currentwindow" and "fullscreen" properties with GUI.GetProperties. If you aren't in full screen then Input Up/Down/Left/Right should be sent. If you are in fullscreen, then you can make decisions based on the current window ID value http://kodi.wiki/view/Window_IDs

For example if you are in WINDOW_FULLSCREEN_VIDEO and you want to know if the user is navigating a dvd menu, you can obtain the VideoPlayer.HasMenu boolean with XBMC.GetInfoBooleans method. If the VideoPlayer.HasMenu is true, then you have to send for example the direction input up/down/left/right otherwise if the VideoPlayer.HasMenu is false you can send the player seek command.
@joethefox where the hell did you find that HasMenu ? It's not in http://kodi.wiki/view/InfoLabels and would have been quite cool to know Smile

This does not solve the problem about mimic Kodi configuration but can allow basic functions without Event Server.
@Tolriq, have fun http://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_boolean_conditions !

I dunno what you mean with "problem about mimic Kodi configuration", but, just for example, the ios remote app is pure JSON and I think that there aren't issues.
  • 222(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
JSON-RPC (JSON Remote Procedure Call) interface protocol in development for XBMC8