XBMC Live 9.11 and ION gpu?
Question 
Does the new (9.11) version of XBMC live include the correct drivers for the Nvidea ION gpu? If not, what will I have to do?
Please search before posting. There must be a dozen "guides" on installing live on ION based platforms.
I wish I could find one that I understood! I found a post that said that 9.11 release has the latest (190.53) Nvidia drivers, but other people are saying to put the .run file into a directory that existed on the 9.04 release, not the 9.11 release? Your help would be much appreciated, even if it just a point in the right direction
Look at the dates of post when you read them...9.04 is obviously OLDER than 9.11. 9.11 is what's supported now, if you insist on joining the ignorant few and sticking with 9.04, you do so on your own.
After an hours searching, I have my answer - I'd like to point everyone to the following link:

http://xbmc.org/team-xbmc/2009/12/24/xbmc-9-11-camelot/

9.11 is indeed loaded with the latest (190.53) Nvidia drivers.

Hope this helps anyone in my position
FYI 190.53 is no longer the newest driver. I'm using 195 at the moment. I had to install the nvidia ppa to get it though.

@althekiller: while I'm sure everything seems very obvious to you, not everyone spends as much time with XBMC or the forums as you do. While all the info is out there, sometimes it can take hours to sift through the forum and various guides only to find them filled with stuff way over your head. No need to be so condescending. We were all new to this at some point.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live 9.11 and ION gpu?0