Unified online regexp solution?
Lightbulb 
I'm working with trying to get the Undertexter.se script working and have already run into site changes ruining my regexps used for scraping variables of their site. I cant be alone running into this problem and was thinking about doing a general purpose client that could access a site and get the latest settings/resources and thus not having to release a new version of my script.
Anyone having any feedback on this idea as well as suggestions on where (online) to store the information?
Pneumatic | SABnzbd | XBMC that just works - openelec
define your regexp in an external file with a version (xml or something) then check version on script launch, if newer is found online, download and use
Exactly the solution I had in mind with the addition of a minimal script version parameter in case of mayor code changes...
This has been brought up before.

Unless your plugin/script has an abnormally large number of files or large images, "just" update the entire plugin, including any regex changes. Updating that one file seems silly when everything can be taken care of at once.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Well, thats another approach. But In the case of undertexter.se (swedish subtitle search) I think it will be a better user experience if the script told you It needed a small update (or just run it in the background) rather than fail searches and you have to go out of the script, look for updates, download and install...
Anyhow, I'm a absolute python beginner so I'll see where I end up, thanks for great answers!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unified online regexp solution?0