[Linux] AppleTV Component Out under Linux
For some reason my AppleTV won't output HDMI to my Samsung TV. Google shows that it's a rather common phenomenon, but no fixes have been released. (And all the suggestions won't work on my older TV).

Can XBMC Live use the component video and rca audio out (and in the future maybe the optical out?) or am I stuck with AppleTV OS and launching XBMC separately?
Yes - although its not something i have done myself. Have a look on http://code.google.com/p/atv-bootloader/ - i'm sure i remember reading something about setting it up there.

Also have a search in the mac / linux forums - i do remember a couple of threads covering setting this up under linux.
prae5 Wrote:Yes - although its not something i have done myself. Have a look on http://code.google.com/p/atv-bootloader/ - i'm sure i remember reading something about setting it up there.

Also have a search in the mac / linux forums - i do remember a couple of threads covering setting this up under linux.

see http://code.google.com/p/atv-bootloader/wiki/atvdisplay

setup guides for s-video and composite are there.
I'm having trouble getting 1080p output via YpBpR to work with my ATV running Sam's CrystalHD image on Linux.

1080i appears to work - the TV flashes a message for 10 seconds that says "mode not supported", but then it syncs and dislplays 1920x1080 @ 60Hz.

It doesn't lose sync after that and appears to work great.

My Samsung HL-67a750 TV is supposed to support 1080p over Component, according to the marketing material. The manual doesn't specify.

I'm using the following xorg.conf (I cropped the standard stuff)

Code:
Section "Monitor"
    Identifier     "Generic Monitor"
    #Option        "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Generic Video Card"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
    Option         "RegistryDwords" "RMDisableRenderToSysmem=1"
    Option         "DynamicTwinView" "false"
    Option         "HWCursor" "false"
    Option         "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Default Screen"
    Device         "Generic Video Card"
    Monitor        "Generic Monitor"
    DefaultDepth    24
    Option         "DPI" "100x100"
    Option         "UseEvents" "1"
    Option         "AddARGBVisuals" "1"
    Option         "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "1"
    Option         "UseDisplayDevice" "TV"
    Option         "TVOutFormat" "COMPONENT"
    Option         "TVStandard" "HD1080i"
    Option         "TVOverScan" "0.80
    Option         "NoLogo" "True"
    Option         "Coolbits" "1"
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
        Modes      "1920x1080" "1280x720" "1024x768" "720x480" "800x600" "640x48
0"
    EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Extensions"
    Option         "Composite" "Disable"
EndSection

If I change the HD1080i to an HD1080p, everything boots and seems to work fine, but I get a blank image.

There is no message on the TV at all indicating "out of range" or "unsupported resolution" or anything similar. I can navigate the menus and hear menu sounds, just no picture.

This makes it seem like it's outputting an all-black image.

Any pointers?

Thanks,

-Wes
*bump*

any tips on getting 1080p to work over component?
Seems like an HDMI-Handyshake issue between the TV and the ATV1. Sorry no idea since its very specific.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Linux] AppleTV Component Out under Linux0