[AppleTV] How do I wipe all XBMC settings on my Apple TV and start from scratch?
Question 
OK... let me try and explain.... I am very new to XBMC and up until today have been "feeling pretty good about everything". Well, today I tried to be cute and delete some files that I have not used... well; in this attempt to clean up I inadvertenly screwed something up within the windows share (SMB). Is there an easy way to just start over from scratch? My XBMC is installed on my APTV.

What is very odd is my main workgroup (SMB) seems to have vanished and as much as I see my files and add them- I can not scan anything into my library? Is there something in the settings I screwed up? I see all other PC's within my workgroup and the main one I have all my music on.... but after adding the source I can not add/scan tro Library. Hopefully someone can help. Might be best to start over from scratch.... any help/ideas?

Thxs
64met Wrote:OK... let me try and explain.... I am very new to XBMC and up until today have been "feeling pretty good about everything". Well, today I tried to be cute and delete some files that I have not used... well; in this attempt to clean up I inadvertenly screwed something up within the windows share (SMB). Is there an easy way to just start over from scratch? My XBMC is installed on my APTV.

What is very odd is my main workgroup (SMB) seems to have vanished and as much as I see my files and add them- I can not scan anything into my library? Is there something in the settings I screwed up? I see all other PC's within my workgroup and the main one I have all my music on.... but after adding the source I can not add/scan tro Library. Hopefully someone can help. Might be best to start over from scratch.... any help/ideas?

Thxs

Update: Added God Smack; Faceless from my workgroup. When I hit menu on the APTV remote it opens up another menu that is very familiar. However; the option here which I can't seem to change is "stop scanning" This is where it used to say add to Library. What I am trying to say is: I can't add any songs, albums, etc to my Library and this only occured after screwing something up in the workgroup. Let me ask again: Can/How do I just start completely over from scratch? Hopefully this makes sense

Thxs
64met Wrote:Update: Added God Smack; Faceless from my workgroup. When I hit menu on the APTV remote it opens up another menu that is very familiar. However; the option here which I can't seem to change is "stop scanning" This is where it used to say add to Library. What I am trying to say is: I can't add any songs, albums, etc to my Library and this only occured after screwing something up in the workgroup. Let me ask again: Can/How do I just start completely over from scratch? Hopefully this makes sense

Thxs

If I've followed this thread correctly you want to "Remove Source". This will delete the SMB share and remove any items that were scraped from your library

If you just want to clean your library Settings > Video > Library > Clean Library.
OK.... finally back to about 90% of where I was b4. The problem I am having now; I am sure was/is realated to my messing around trying to delete files/source, etc. This is what I am facing currently:

I click to add a new source

I then click Windows network (SMB)

I find this Workgroup/my main PC (Called Office PC)

I highlight this Office PC: (problem occurs next)

Problem: "Lock Settings"
username
Enter password
Remember this path

**** I have ZERO idea how/why this happened.... I don't believe I ever set up a password? How do I re-set this to allow full access to my workgroup -Office PC)? Sometimes if I exit XBMC and go right back to the same field as above I can add a source without the password prompt.

If anyone can help with the above I would greatly appreciate it!

Thxs
64met Wrote:OK.... finally back to about 90% of where I was b4. The problem I am having now; I am sure was/is realated to my messing around trying to delete files/source, etc. This is what I am facing currently:

I click to add a new source

I then click Windows network (SMB)

I find this Workgroup/my main PC (Called Office PC)

I highlight this Office PC: (problem occurs next)

Problem: "Lock Settings"
username
Enter password
Remember this path

**** I have ZERO idea how/why this happened.... I don't believe I ever set up a password? How do I re-set this to allow full access to my workgroup -Office PC)? Sometimes if I exit XBMC and go right back to the same field as above I can add a source without the password prompt.

If anyone can help with the above I would greatly appreciate it!

Thxs

BTW: I checked under Profile/lock preferences and it is disabled.

Thxs

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] How do I wipe all XBMC settings on my Apple TV and start from scratch?0