• 6(current)
Post your setup pictures
That it is a sweet setup. I won't have my entertainment room setup until the fall and I am just salivating on getting it done. I have the TV picked out and already have an onkyo surround system (6.1) for the audio. Just need to pickout my xbmc machine and I'll be already go to!..
Hello

Im new to the forum, and what better way to introduce myself than to present my setup in which XBMC handles almost all (not 1080 due to running windows OS on the HTPC) video and music playback. It is a true 9.2 setup including 2 passive bass modules.

Before front high speakers came up:

Daylight mode, projector screen is up.

Theatre mode, screen is down. (projector image inserted from photo taken in the dark)

Some photos taken by a friend (who is a much better photographer than me)
Front speaker and one bass module.

Front, now with front high speakers.

The room with most speakers in view.
Nahaz Wrote:Hello

Stunning! I will be copying your day/night mode when I have the $.

BTW, if people could reply to messages like I did (don't leave all the content of the previous message in quotes) it would really help cut down on clutter!

NS
Hmm, 3 pics were lost. Is there a limit?

Nvm, it was temporary.
Nahaz Wrote:Hello

Im new to the forum, and what better way to introduce myself than to present my setup in which XBMC handles almost all (not 1080 due to running windows OS on the HTPC) video and music playback. It is a true 9.2 setup including 2 passive bass modules.

That is stunning....love it, wow!
ASRock ION 330 • XBMC Live 10 • Harmony One Remote • MCE IR Sensor • 6TB NAS
Some really nice setups posted so far!

Here's my setup(s). I have 2 Asrock Ion 330's running XBMC / ShowMix 2.5.

My primary viewing room is my theater - 1080p Panasonic PJ with a 92" screen

Lights on

Lights off

View of seating

Components are in rack hidden behind doors on front wall

Closeup of the light engine - PT-AE4000U
boykster Wrote:Image

Some really nice setups posted so far!

meh - having issues with images - I'll get em fixed and re-load the posting

I was lucky enough to see all your pics before you change your post (had to click on every one but it was worth it)

this is an amazing setup, you just made me wet my pants a little! nice one!
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

Need a beverage? Go to the wet bar just outside the theater and keep watching the show

Or head up to the living room and relax with a smaller screen

Retire to the bedroom and never miss a show

You can even stay on top of the show while making dinner in the kitchen

And when I need to go do some work in the home-office, I still have my trusty old 8-year old 42" Panasonic TH-42PWD5UY plasma (and a bunch of toys)

Every screen you see is driven by the same set of components in the server room / wiring closet. The theater is a special case and has a dedicated touchscreen Pronto remote and digitial audio/surround. For every other room the signal is distributed throughout the house using component video + stereo audio. Each room has a flat-panel on the wall and a Harmony 880 remote - nothing else. I like to think of it as a 'zero footprint' installation. I use a Xantech IR distribution system to keep everything in control and an Extron Matrix50 component video distribution matrix to route all the signals.

XBMC is the icing on the cake!Big Grin
The_Dogg Wrote:I was lucky enough to see all your pics before you change your post (had to click on every one but it was worth it)

this is an amazing setup, you just made me wet my pants a little! nice one!

Thanks for the compliment! Its been a fun project over several years. I started with 1 big 36" crt tv and a dvd player it its exploded over the past 10 years.

I finally figured it out - I was linking too many pics and it was turning them into URLs or something wierd.
Thumbs Up 
ForceTen Wrote:Asus Revo 1600 w/USB Live Install

Nice setup - I wish I my theater was as wide as yours. My biggest challenge was seating layout based on how narrow my room is...
Wow, some very nice setups here.

Apparently none of you have kids, and have butt loads of money. Big Grin

Yes, I'm jealous, but only about the money.Wink
wow, that are some very impressive setups, I'm running on a laptop right now, 1080p 16" screen (sucks for xbmc I know).
In around have a year I will configure my parents system at home (I'm on an exchange year in the U.S. right now) with a xbmc box (hopefully with working pvr branch). Luckily we already have a setup with projector and surround sound so should work altogether pretty well.
joebrady Wrote:Wow, some very nice setups here.

Yep I was thinking this! Big Grin Sometimes I'm glad I still mainly use the £10 Xbox when I discover a biscuit or Iggle Piggle wedged in the DVD tray! Rofl

Will have a projector in my new house thou.. Cool
joebrady Wrote:Wow, some very nice setups here.

4 kids actually (8, 5, 5, 5) I raced to just beat the triplets arrival when I completed the theater. Here's a photo of "Family Movie Night" I took a little over a week ago.

About the money, I did the room myself as that's what I do for a living so it wasn't as much "out of pocket" as you might think. Labor and paying for the expertise of having it done correctly is where most of the $ would go otherwise.
main shot

xbmc

xbmc library of movies

sofa and rear speakers

iron man blu ray, picture does not show all the detail, i think i need a better camera

i love xbmc
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Post your setup pictures7