• 2(current)
Post your setup pictures
idlehands Wrote:http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/wRr...directlink

Have since moved sunfire 11" next to the speaker in the pic, and ditched the Dish network box for a zotac ion w/1gb ram running xbmc off a 2gb usb flash drive. Haven't fixed resolution issues yet, but plays 720p fine so far.

1 cpu/gpu fan in the htpc, but fishtank near the setup is way louder than the fan so whatevs.

edit: htpc is on gigabit network, with content on a ubuntu 9.10 system with 3 2tb drives.

If you still have resolutin issues i could pass you my X11.conf
I put the Zotac FAN to 3V (change yellow and red cable on the plug) and its really quite now.
warrior Wrote:Hi,
For Audio Quality I can only say that if you have a FLAC CD RIP transmitted via optical TOS Link to a AV Receiver there should be no loss in Audio Quality.
!

Any hints on doing this w/xbmc-live/linux? I'm currently using hdmi pass-through, but I miss using TOS link. Something about using light just always wins!
idlehands Wrote:Any hints on doing this w/xbmc-live/linux? I'm currently using hdmi pass-through, but I miss using TOS link. Something about using light just always wins!

Where exactly is the problem? Just connect the TOS Link cable and set iec958 as passthrough audio output device.
Here's my setup, old crappy picture though.

The xbox1 has been replaced with an asrock 330 ion in the meantime.
Optically linked to my XTZ class A amp, which in turned are linked to a set of canton rc-l. CD collection is ripped to flac and streamed from my server upstairs.
Video is displayed on my pioneer plasma lx5090 via hdmi from the asrock. The ps3 is used for gaming and for watching blurays. Everything controlled by a harmony one remote.

The dogs were bought as sound diffusers..

Just as a note, I actually got a green pen bought at the local hi-fi store for use on cds, back in the late 80's :p
ynwa
gekados Wrote:Here's my setup, old crappy picture though.

Is that a wide screen version of Friends?
officeboy Wrote:The PC is temp right now. A new quad core in a silverstone gd04b should fit in right over the VCR... (if only it wasn't so much work to convert all those video's grr)

V... C... R...Huh Those things still work? Laugh

Guys, this is my set-up:

Mac Mini 1,25 Ghz (PPC) , 1GB Ram, Belkin WLAN Stick, Apple Keyboard (hidden in the drawer), Targus Wireless Pointer/Mouse (Bluetooth), M-Audio Transit USB for 5.1 digital and anlogue sound

- terratec H5 DVB-T/C usb stick

- Kenwood 5.1 Receiver KRF-V5070D (M-Transit is linked via TOS-Link)

- Philips LCD 9830/10 (connected via SVGA cable. DVI is not working due to a buggy firmware in the early MAC Minis that prevents to correctly recognize some LCD TV sets - that's the reason for this ugly cable going to the TV set :-( .Once I upgrade to a newer Mac Mini this cable will also disapear as there is HDMI cable installed in the wall)

- Bufallo Link Station NAS Drive 1TB (placed somewhere in the basement). Operated as central Media Library (Musik, Movies, Photos). (I have my CD/DVDs now somewhere in boxes in the garage instead of tucking them on the wall :-)
This is a Dutch website, but you should be able so see what it is Smile
http://www.hardware.info/nl-NL/usersys/c...k2ad/view/
Here's my setup.

What it is is a Sharp LC52XD1E screen, a Onkyo TX-SR875 reciever, what you can't see is the 7.1 speaker setup with Bowers & Wilkins M-1's and a Bowers & Wilkins AS2 sub.
Then there's a HD-PVR tuner for the cable and on the right the network crap, cable modem, router and a switch.

Then there's the XBMC box itself...
It's a Cooler Master CM 260 case with a Gigabyte GA-W7AUM-DS2H mobo, running of the onboard HDMI for both audio and video and a Intel Q6600 cpu.
The box is running XBMC for Windows under Windows XP, all daily activities controlled my the Logitech Harmony remote.
HTPC: ZBOX-ID41 running OpenElec with Logitech Harmony remote.
NAS: Lian Li Cube, MSI P55-CD53, Intel I7-880, 16GB RAM, 23x 2TB WD drives @ RAID6, 500GB Samsung, Ubuntu Linux.
TV: Samsung UE75ES9005
Can I just ask - how do you add your pictures to the thread? I'll get my setup on here later :o
nokmond Wrote:Can I just ask - how do you add your pictures to the thread? I'll get my setup on here later :o

upload your image to imageshack for example and use the link it provides (no need to register either).
ynwa
ShabbyDog Wrote:Here's my setup.

[Bowers & Wilkins M-1's and a Bowers & Wilkins AS2 sub.

I've been lusting after b&ws since my college buddy had a set of 805s in his dorm room in like 1999. Think he had a sunfire that he replaced with a velodyne.
idlehands Wrote:I've been lusting after b&ws since my college buddy had a set of 805s in his dorm room in like 1999. Think he had a sunfire that he replaced with a velodyne.

I got the M-1's simply because they where the best compromize I could find between sounding pretty damned good and them beeing small enough fo the wife to accept 7 of them in the living room.. Wink
HTPC: ZBOX-ID41 running OpenElec with Logitech Harmony remote.
NAS: Lian Li Cube, MSI P55-CD53, Intel I7-880, 16GB RAM, 23x 2TB WD drives @ RAID6, 500GB Samsung, Ubuntu Linux.
TV: Samsung UE75ES9005
Here is my setup:

Sharp AQUOS 42'' LCD
XBOX1 (soon to be replaced with an Aspire Revo 3610)
Sound receiver is a Sony STR-DG720
With a set of 5.1 JBL speakers Sat135 and the Sub (sub135)
PS3 used for gaming and blu-ray discs
HD Cable receiver
Wireless router (but I use a wired network)
Everything is streamed from my computer (1.5 TB of storage)
Wii is used for gaming (if we can call that gaming Wink)

I also use 2 other xbox on the other tvs in the house.

Oh and the white and orange thing at the far right is a V.Smile for my 1 year old Big Grin

Ill post another pic once I get my Revo from ebay and set it all up Smile
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

Heres another!

http://www.photobox.ie/my/photo?album_id...=280404480

http://www.photobox.ie/my/photo?album_id...=280404485

http://www.photobox.ie/my/photo?album_id...=280404490

XBMC running on a self build Minit-Itx:
Based on a A-120 case, Intel DG45FC, 2Gb Ram and an
Intel Dual Core 2 E8400 3.0Ghz CPU, Giga Ethernet, Pico PSU, 32Gb SSD, BluTooth dongle for Apple Keyboard, Infrared also mounted inside but have since been running the Onkyo remote with XBMC.

TV: Pioneer Kuro LX-508D
Amp: Onkyo TX-SR507
Speakers & Sub: Energy Accoustics.
PS3 for BluRay!

The PC Build Pics are at the following album please feel free to have a look see! Smile

http://www.photobox.ie/my/album?album_id=206590957

Regards,
Nick.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Post your setup pictures7