No video signal when starting XBMC before turning AV-receiver on
Hi,

I am running XBMX Linux on a Revo and have one little problem. If I start my Revo before turning on my AV-Receiver (which it is connected to via HDMI) I do not get a video signal on my telly. I have to reboot my Revo to get a picture on the screen.

There got to be a different wayHuh

Any ideas?

cu
Martin
Martin. Sorry, this isn't a reply with a solution, just a reply letting you know that I have the same "problem". I have a small PC running XBMC Live and have the onboard HDMI (Intel graphics chipset) running to my receiver which then switches my video to my projector. I also have to turn my receiver ON before I start my XBMC unit. However, if I then leave my XBMC unit ON, turn OFF the receiver, and turn the receiver back ON, I don't have an issue.

My guess is that we're out of luck. I'm not a digital video expert, but my guess is that HDMI, and DVI for that matter, need to have a monitor/receiver/TV turned on to receive a signal before it'll start pumping bits out. I have the exact same issue on my dekstop PC hooked up via a DVI cable to my LCD monitor. If the monitor isn't on and plugged in and I turn on the computer, I'm out of luck.

Here's to hoping that someone out there has a solution, although I've learned to just deal with it.
Actually, there's a way to fix that, I had the same problem. What you need to do is force the resolution through xorg.conf.

I don't have the instructions on me, but I found them on these forums.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No video signal when starting XBMC before turning AV-receiver on0