[LIVE] I overwrote GRUB and now I can't boot Live
So, first, let clear up a couple of points.

First and foremost, I am a moron.

Secondly, I have never used linux before, so I decided to install gentoo. This is because of the previous point.

And now that that is out of the way, I accidently overwrote XBMC Live's grub setting when I installed gentoo, and now I can't boot up XBMC Live. If someone could help me out, I'd appreciate it.
I think you need to be more specific on how you installed things to get an easy answer.

My guess is you overwrote grub on the usb-stick using the gentoo installer?

If so, the easiest way is to boot the usb-stick using the gentoo grub, and then run "sudo update grub".

If you have installed xbmc-live, and only lost the option in grub menu, you can add a new one from the file below and then run "sudo update-grub""
https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot...ub/menu.ls
Thank you, I added the options to gentoo's grub.conf and now XBMC will boot up fine, however when I try to listen to play anything, it has no sound. And my MCE remote isn't responding anymore. I'm using XBMC Live 9.11 on a 10GB partition. The exact settings are:

Code:
title XBMC Live
root (hd0,0)
kernel /vmlinuz root=/dev/sda1 vga=788 xbmc=autostart,tempfs,nodiskmount,setvolume splash quiet loglevel=0 module=nvidia persistent quickreboot quickusbmodules skipconfig union=aufs
initrd /initrd.img root=/dev/sda1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] I overwrote GRUB and now I can't boot Live0