Can XBMC help me?
I may be in the wrong place...

I want to stream audio/internet media from my computer to my D-Link DSM 520 MediaPlayer (a UnPN Media Renderer) and then to my home stereo. I want to control the whole thing through my PC. I would also like to use my iTunes library/playlists. Can XBMC do this? I have explored the program for a few hours but have found no way to select a song in my library and have it play on my home stereo (via the DSM 520).

I would also like to use the slideshow feature of XBMC in the same fashion. The picture viewing capability of the Dlink server is buggy and not as elegant as XBMC.

So far, all I've been able to do is use XBMC as a media player on my PC. How do I get the media to the home stereo (my music) and to the TV (my pictures)?

Thanks in advance. I have tried reading the wikis but it seems like they are referencing a different version of the program or maybe (more likely) I just don't get it.

Let me know if what I am asking for is not appropriate for this piece of software.

Jeff
Most of us connect the TV directly to our PC, either to the VGA port on the TV if it has one, or with a DVI-HDMI adaptor.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can XBMC help me?0