nfo files not working for IMDb
Just as you did before. Bring up the context dialog and select "set content". Make sure to select the "Selected folder contains a single video" option.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
vdrfan Wrote:Just as you did before. Bring up the context dialog and select "set content". Make sure to select the "Selected folder contains a single video" option.

eh? But the folder contains 700 odd movies!
Well, use a one-movie-per-folder layout or use helper apps then.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Should I log a bug about the nfo file not being read? I have tried a few different videos.
- movie does not exist at all on tmdb.
- movie exists but with very little data.

Logs when scraping theses never mention looking at the nfo file (See my pastebin log earlier in thread). Changing dir structure is not really an option for me as I have mythfrontend boxes elsewhere in the house that use the same videos (NAS box). Also you mention some media tools - do these just create nfo files or do they actually tag the container? If so sounds good. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
D.
Huh? "Found matching URL NFO file: /home/damian/Films/The Young Americans.nfo" and so on. Not using mentioned apps, search the forums and/or google.
vdrfan Wrote:Huh? "Found matching URL NFO file: /home/damian/Films/The Young Americans.nfo" and so on. Not using mentioned apps, search the forums and/or google.

* shabba is so confused I missed that!! Have to stop debugging a few things at once!

My bad. Apologies.

Still though is there not a bug here that is not being used?

Thanks
We already cleared that, no? To sum up: No bug, more a design issue you have to life with.
vdrfan Wrote:We already cleared that, no? To sum up: No bug, more a design issue you have to life with.

My reading of this was the if the nfo file has an imdb URL the tmdb scraper would be able to use it (to parse imdb??). If this is the case it is clearly not parsing IMDB (or is doing so incorrectly). I will do a tcpdump when I get home and see.

Or alternatively you are saying the IMDB URL is just a way of the scraper looking up tmdb DB using imdb # as a ref?

Either way the wiki is confusing!

Thanks (and sorry if being a PITA).

D.
shabba Wrote:My reading of this was the if the nfo file has an imdb URL the tmdb scraper would be able to use it (to parse imdb??). If this is the case it is clearly not parsing IMDB (or is doing so incorrectly). I will do a tcpdump when I get home and see.

Or alternatively you are saying the IMDB URL is just a way of the scraper looking up tmdb DB using imdb # as a ref?

Exactly. Themoviedb.org supports imdb lookups, there's no imdb.com hit at all. If you want to disable the imdb lookups, just comment out the lines picking up the imdb id url in the <NfoUrl> section.
vdrfan - Thanks for clearing this up for me and your patience!
shabba I've now decided to use the IMDb scraper, which can also collect artwork from tmdb. This gives the best of both sites.
This seems like a bug.
My nfo file is just:
<set>Star Trek Collection</set>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079945/

when the scraper is set to The movie DB, it reports
12:23:08 T:5752 M:1356017664 DEBUG: Found matching Full NFO file: D:\Users\Dan\Videos\STAR TREK.nfo

but when the scraper is set to IMDB it works fine:
12:23:52 T:5752 M:1354637312 DEBUG: Found matching Mixed NFO file: D:\Users\Dan\Videos\STAR TREK.nfo

The behavior for mixed NFO files should not depend on the selected scraper.

Full Log at http://pastebin.com/m15d5f9d2
Please file a new trac ticket and attach all needed files (debug log included). Thanks.
I would think that XBMC and 3rdparty scrapers would use XBMC nfo wiki to stick to for the nfo layout.
I use both EmberMM and MC gen2, but they don`t seem to use the same layout/order for the nfo files.
Does the nfo file structure change when one rescrapes only certain items like fanart/posters/metadata?
I like using all above, the one has features the other one does not have and the others interface is better suited etc.
but it feels like a bad idea to ask the one about the other...
Kodi - Windows 7_x64 14.2 Helix
OpenELEC - Generic x86_64 v5.0.8
OpenELEC - Raspberry Pi2 v5.0.8
Ember media manger 1.3.0.20 (thx DanCooper)
Media Companion v3.620b (thx Vbat99)
Rashad TVRenamer 0.7 Beta 2/EPnamer v1.45
Calibre-ebook

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nfo files not working for IMDb0